• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos Ski Valley, Jan 1-5, 2022

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
First, here's a thread you might find interesting, in case you haven't discovered it yet: https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/show-off-your-camping-setup-camper-van.25256/

My van is in there, too. I have a 2001 Ford E350 XLT Super Duty van that I stripped down and converted to a camper. I have a Propex propane heater, and on my bed I use fleece sheets and I have a thinsulate quilt that's about 1" thick, but so incredibly warm that I keep my heater set at about 40° at nite, even in single-digit (F) temps. If you were good last week at about 20°F, you might consider how much colder you could tolerate. With 2 bodies it will be much warmer, too -- I know when I have my doggos with me they put put quite a bit of heat :wink:

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
The Sienna makes a nice minivan camper, would love to see some pics. You might just want to bring along an additional quilt or sleeping bag, just to be safe.

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
First, here's a thread you might find interesting, in case you haven't discovered it yet: https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/show-off-your-camping-setup-camper-van.25256/

My van is in there, too. I have a 2001 Ford E350 XLT Super Duty van that I stripped down and converted to a camper. I have a Propex propane heater, and on my bed I use fleece sheets and I have a thinsulate quilt that's about 1" thick, but so incredibly warm that I keep my heater set at about 40° at nite, even in single-digit (F) temps. If you were good last week at about 20°F, you might consider how much colder you could tolerate. With 2 bodies it will be much warmer, too -- I know when I have my doggos with me they put put quite a bit of heat :wink:

Oh :love: Severe eye candy with all those conversation photos!! I love peeping into other people's set ups.

We're usually tent campers and this was our first go in the van as a test before February's big trip. We've made a list of some tweaks needed for next month, but definitely are planning for back up when it comes to warmth.

yecatstrip

Certified Ski Diva
The Sienna makes a nice minivan camper, would love to see some pics. You might just want to bring along an additional quilt or sleeping bag, just to be safe.

This last trip was an absolute mess - we pretty much chucked everything in. Gave me anxiety with how unorganized it was LOL We have 2 weeks until we leave for our trip, and it'll mostly be tweaking the van from our initial trip. I'll be sure to take photos though!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
We're usually tent campers and this was our first go in the van as a test before February's big trip. We've made a list of some tweaks needed for next month, but definitely are planning for back up when it comes to warmth.
As soon as the sun pops over the mtn everything warms up A LOT -- when I got back to the van every day (even when it was 30°F outside) the temp in the van was around 60°! I would pull down my insulated shades in the AM before leaving the van to take advantage of the solar gain. I'll PM you to give you some contact info so we can try to meet up while I'm there. Keep asking questions and you'll have your 25 posts in no time, BTW. There are some seriously knowledgeable Divas on this forum who can answer just about any ski question you might have!

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
This looks magical! We head to Taos (for the first time) from 6th Feb - 9th Feb. We'll be staying in their lot in our microcamper.
BTW, I it's great to see you've discovered the website! I've been remiss in welcoming you, so :welcome:.

Tell us a bit about yourself: your skis, your boots, your pets (see the DivaDogs thread), where you usually ski...whatever! You can start a new thread in General Skiing, so more people will see it, if you'd like.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
This last trip was an absolute mess - we pretty much chucked everything in. Gave me anxiety with how unorganized it was LOL We have 2 weeks until we leave for our trip, and it'll mostly be tweaking the van from our initial trip. I'll be sure to take photos though!
Have you discovered Pinterest for looking at other camper minivans? It was a great inspiration to me -- got all kinds of great ideas from there. Also the VanDwellers forum on reddit -- there are quite a few minivan folks on there, too. How to organize is a major learning curve in any sort of van camping -- as you already disccovered, it can make or break a trip. Good for you for not throwing in the towel and going for it again!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bringing powder skis, also. I learned my lesson about leaving them home, and then getting dumped on! (Of course, if I bring them, it won't snow :laughter:
I cheat. My powder skis lives with my primary ski buddy in Albuquerque. Since he drives to wherever we go skiing out west, then I don't have to deal with two pairs of skis in airports. :smile:

Didn't intend to buy powder skis but a Diva offered a deal that was too good to pass up a few years ago.

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Found this statue while we were skiing a blue groomer. My kids skied away to quickly for me to see what it was about

Attachments

• IMG_20220125_113130658.jpg
    IMG_20220125_113130658.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Found this statue while we were skiing a blue groomer. My kids skied away to quickly for me to see what it was about
Interesting -- I've never seen that before! What run was it on?

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Porcupine. Right at the entrance to a tree run
Wow -- looks like maybe in front of Lorelei -- I wonder what the story behind it is. I wonder if it's a tribute to one of the dear departed...

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow -- looks like maybe in front of Lorelei -- I wonder what the story behind it is. I wonder if it's a tribute to one of the dear departed...
There was a little picture next to it. But didn't get a chance to look at it carefully. I think I will try to go by there on Thursday to see if I can find out. But thought it looked really cool.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Please do. Almost looks like a New Mexican traditional carving of St Bernard -- wondering if it's to honor Jean Mayer.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
That’s at the entrance of Jean’s Glade off Porcupine. They put it up last year to honor Jean.
AH, as I suspected. Wonder why I didn't notice it in January? It's wonderful!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna