• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos Conditions 2017-18

marzNC

Angel Diva
So who's going to Taos this season? I have a mid-season return trip planned with friends, including a few Divas. Skied there for the first time last season. Of course that means I'll end up watching snow conditions long beforehand.

Lift 1 opened today, Dec. 9, 2017. The base is listed as 18 inches.

Apparently have Demo Days Dec. 15-16, free for pass holders and $10 for others (good for both days).

alison wong

Angel Diva
I will be Taos on Jan. 13th - 20th for their ski week.

Reached out to Taos on FB about terrain opening. This is their reply: "We don't have the exact estimate on the website, but we do have 9 out of 13 lifts, and 15 out of 111 trails open."

Request: I need someone, anyone with good karma do a snow dance for me..... :cry:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I am snowdancing for the western United States. California, Colorado, Utah. I'll be happy to add New Mexico to my dance.

Actually, it's snowing pretty hard at Mammoth right now. Hopefully that storm will move east and dump on Taos as well as the other parts of the country I mentioned.

It's raining in southern California so I am cautiously optimistic.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, so give us a snow update on the 11th. If needed, any divas that see this will wear their pjs inside out and sleep with a spoon under their pillow on the next night or two for you ;)

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Oh my gosh - I didn't realize that it was such a slow start to the year at Taos. Fingers crossed for you - I hope there's lots of snow over the next few days.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I made a reservation by phone at the St. Bernard for my crew's upcoming trip in mid-Feb. The message that Jean has recorded is very straight forward. He says that if someone wants to ski powder or the Ridge, then they should stay home and wait for more snow. But he's also clear that someone who wants to ski the entire mountain on the trails that are open will have a great time.

My friends and I are going to do a Ski Week. We expect to learn a lot based on the first experience last season. Bonus is that we learned about a few great places for dinner.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna