• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos 2022-23, conditions and latest upgrades at TSV

marzNC

Angel Diva
The front side blacks are all open.. Some double-blacks are open, North American is still closed (couldn't fit in the screen shot). The Kachina lift rarely opens in January.

Trail status for Jan. 22, 2023
Off Lift 1
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 8.32.33 AM.png
Off Lift 2
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 8.30.54 AM.png

Ermit

Certified Ski Diva
how does coverage look on Al's Run
Yesterday morning it looked and probably was amazing after Friday's snow. I think I could have made it down without much struggle as an intermediate who doesn't mind steep. There was plenty of traffic on the slope (but not by east coast standards if you know what I mean - and that's also kind of the way I interpret coverage...) I have a ride up Lift 1 on video (for a project I'm doing) and can't wait to check it out. Later in the day there were some lower bumps that were more scraped off, with brown grass showing through, but still plenty of snow and lots of good stuff on the sides.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
View attachment 20137View attachment 20138View attachment 20139View attachment 20140View attachment 20141
Today. I did see Deb Armstrong’s group a few times - neon green boots made her easy to differentiate from other instructors in yellow jackets.
We got Back the 14th, sadly not much snow but fantastic lessons and warm with blue skies. I agree with you as I didn’t have issues with any of the blues. I don’t even ski all the blues at Kton. Glad you had a great trip.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Rather glad I'm missing out on the frigid temps this week. Looks like it may be in the teens during the day starting this weekend. That usually feels reasonably comfortable at Taos since it's so dry. Apparently during the last storm cycle is was too cold for there to be much new snow around TSV. Need moisture and cold, but not frigid temps for a good powder snowstorm.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 11.15.28 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sounds like there is a possibility that the Kachina lift will open in the next few days. The best part about that idea is it means the coverage off-piste is deep enough in general all over the resort.

marzNC

Angel Diva
/Off Topic

One of my friends who is not a Ski Diva cannot use his King room at Alpine Village Suites next week due to an unfortunate injury skiing last weekend. If you happen to know of anyone who might be interested in a last minute trip to Taos, send me a PM or they could call Alpine directly.

/end Off Topic

marzNC

Angel Diva
Not going to be a snowstorm this week. While that might be a disappointment to some people, since my focus is on fundamentals related to advanced technique having blue skis and good visibility all week is a plus.

Yesterday afternoon the wind kicked up on the front side, but it was fine on the Kachina side.

The Kachina lift is very unlikely to run at all this week. Not enough snow yet. There is plenty of double-black terrain open off the Ridge for those who are willing to hike.

Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 6.07.43 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
I hope the winds die down and you enjoy those bluebird days.
The last couple afternoons, while there was wind on the front side, there wasn't wind on the back side. So it was worth the effort to get over to Lift 4.

Rubezahl is fairly fast right now. So taking it back at the end of a ski day isn't that big a deal. Can be better than taking Lift 7/7A because the groomers that go to the main base are skied off by mid-afternoon.

marzNC

Angel Diva
TSV ski patrol has open most of the terrain off the Ridge on both sides. Kachina Peak is open for hiking. The Kachina chair was running this afternoon but not open. My instructor seemed to think that it might open later this week.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna