• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Taos 2019-20, conditions and open terrain

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The drive to ski santa fe is much more treacherous than that of TSV. It was alright going up this morning but the drive back was difficult. We had to go really slow and still slipped a few times in our AWD SUV.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The drive to ski santa fe is much more treacherous than that of TSV. It was alright going up this morning but the drive back was difficult. We had to go really slow and still slipped a few times in our AWD SUV.
Have done that drive once. It was the season a few years ago with lots of snow. We drove from Albuquerque to ski at SF in the morning before driving to Arroyo Seco. Even though it hadn't snowed in a while there was still snow on the shady corners. I had a rented AWD SUV. Was very happy when I was finally down off the mountain. One reason I don't bother to include skiing at SF as part of a trip to Taos.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
And I saw on the Weather app the low is a (-13).....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Will probably be a crowd for first chair this morning at TSV even with the frigid temps in single digits. But with all lifts but Kachina open, won't take long for people to spread out given that so much of the terrain is open. Base depth over 50 inches is enough to leave rock skis at home.

Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 8.41.47 AM.png

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It is COLD. I have never felt this cold before in my decades of skiing and snowboarding....brrrrr

marzNC

Angel Diva
It is COLD. I have never felt this cold before in my decades of skiing and snowboarding....brrrrr
Be careful. With single digits, you don't want any exposed skin at all.

One reason I had little interest in driving to ski in the northeast mid-winter is the likelihood of frigid weather with daytime temps in the single digits. It's still cold at those temperatures out west, but at least it's dry so doesn't feel quite as bad. Still, more breaks indoors are required.

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was brutally cold this morning! But sunny and no wind so it wasn’t so bad once we started moving! Powder can still be found! Another gorgeous day! A730DCBD-A792-45B0-9EE7-EB3B1BB1AAE4.jpeg

marzNC

Angel Diva
Costco has always offered lift tickets to selected resorts online - been buying tickets for Tahoe for years.
The lady I spoke to said they should have the tickets until March for Spring break. I saw Angel Fire 2 for $110.
I have the impression that the 2-ticket Taos package is only available from the Costco in NM.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking pretty good for my friends who are at TSV this week. A little fresh snow. But since they are there to do a Ski Week, it's good conditions for working on technique during the morning lessons. Bet there will be plenty of bumps of all difficulty levels from green to expert since TSV is 100% open.

A few more days before I fly into ABQ.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 9.38.07 AM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Starting to look at the daily TSV conditions report since I'll be there skiing next week. Definitely will be bringing warm clothing as well as stuff that makes sense when temps get into the 30s. Seems pretty clear that the Kachina terrain and lift should be available.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 3.40.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-26 at 3.40.35 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Still a few days before Feb, but looks like there is a big change in temperature in the forecast. I have friends at TSV this week. They have been having a very good time.

OpenSnow for Taos as of Wed, Jan. 29
Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 4.40.32 PM.png

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The conditions have been excellent all week! Also, there has been plenty of sunshine so it has not been as cold as expected. Layers are definitely the key, but I have been peeling a layer off at lunch every day.
Are you doing ski week?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly