• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 16/17

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I asked my physical therapist if I could ski July 4th. He said , hmm no I wouldn't if I were you. Also he said if I don't straighten my leg, I will have serious issues down the road. I'm trying...also thinks I made need meniscus surgery but to wait a few months.... and recovery is only 4-6 weeks so plenty of time to ski.
Meanwhile, I want to order new skis..... black crows may win out.
I'd like to try the Black Crows sometime to compare. I guess skiing July 4 is probably a risk not worth taking. I don't like the traffic going to Tahoe for the 4th, and the snow won't be great, anyway. Does your PT have you put a rolled up blanket under your lower leg while you lie on your back to force your knee into extension? That's what we do for our knee replacement patients. Did you find a road bike?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'd like to try the Black Crows sometime to compare. I guess skiing July 4 is probably a risk not worth taking. I don't like the traffic going to Tahoe for the 4th, and the snow won't be great, anyway. Does your PT have you put a rolled up blanket under your lower leg while you lie on your back to force your knee into extension? That's what we do for our knee replacement patients. Did you find a road bike?
No, he doesn't. Thank you , I'll try that. Actually since I've been forcing my leg to straighten, I feel like I've lost a month of feeling better b/c now my knee hurts again.
I'm out of town next week in San Diego and Palm Desert so haven't pursued the new road bike, but I'm still riding my mtn bike every day for at least 30 minutes... Nice ride along the ocean...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I am supposed to start doing leg press, seated leg curls, abduction and adduction, and that stupid rocker board.....feel like a klutz.

And ride my bike every day for at least 15-30 minutes. I like that and knee doesn't hurt at all.

Yes BF said he doesn't relish the idea of going to Tahoe on the 4th and really only Shirley Lake will be open probably. Last year we did the hike and it was really fun... you should google the Shirley Lake hike.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe instead of rocker board you could SUP :smile:? I looked at the hike, it does look fun. So many hikes in Tahoe, though! Maybe I'll hike up with my skis.
That's good your knee doesn't hurt riding, and you have such a beautiful place to ride. Are you riding hills? Want to ride Brockway Summit this summer?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Maybe instead of rocker board you could SUP :smile:? I looked at the hike, it does look fun. So many hikes in Tahoe, though! Maybe I'll hike up with my skis.
That's good your knee doesn't hurt riding, and you have such a beautiful place to ride. Are you riding hills? Want to ride Brockway Summit this summer?
I'm not riding hills, mostly flat. Ha brockway summit a good one. Especially at altitude!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe when your knee gets stronger, and you get a road bike! There used to be a century ride in Tahoe that started at Squaw, went down to the lake, and north to Brockway, over Brockway to Truckee and up Alder Creek Road through the Tahoe Donner area, back to Truckee, then up Donner Pass Road past Sugar Bowl to Cisco Grove. Then we turned around and rode back up past Sugar Bowl, screaming descent on Donner Pass Road, to 89 and back to Squaw. I have been trying to get my friends to ride that with me this year, but I found out that it (the organized ride) no longer exists. But really Brockway Summit is enough for me now anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly