• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 16/17

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 bulging discs and annular tear. Yes bumps are not good for back and just got done schlepping luggage on trains in Europe.. As you probably saw in my posts, just got back from skiing in Europe and took trains from Vienna to kitzbuehl, kitzbuehl to Salzburg, Salzburg (4 trains) to champery Switzerland.. I get it.. Not good for back... Now knee injury to deal with.. Think we need to ski together.. Sound like we would ski the same terrain...

I've earned my membership to this club. Took a bad fall in the trees, was twisted up like a pretzel, couldn't walk for a few days. 4 weeks later, my knee is still vulnerable. Going to start yoga back up again today!

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
Hi All!

I'll be in North Tahoe for a solo end-0f-season trip. I'll be skiing April 21, 22, 23, 24 (Fri-Mon) at Squaw/Alpine. If you'll be up there on the same dates, it would be great to meet for a few runs, lunch, etc.

Let me know if interested!

Kara

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi All!

I'll be in North Tahoe for a solo end-0f-season trip. I'll be skiing April 21, 22, 23, 24 (Fri-Mon) at Squaw/Alpine. If you'll be up there on the same dates, it would be great to meet for a few runs, lunch, etc.

Let me know if interested!

Kara[/QUOTE

I plan to be up there April 19-21, most likely also solo, so maybe we could meet on Friday the 21? I'd be happy to go to either Squaw or Alpine. I'll send you pm.

Last edited:

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't know what happened to my original reply, it looks like it's part of a quote. Anyway, @kasuncion6, I'll be up April 19-21, most likely also solo, so maybe we could meet the 21st? I'd be happy to go to either Squaw or Alpine. I'll pm you.

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
I don't know what happened to my original reply, it looks like it's part of a quote. Anyway, @kasuncion6, I'll be up April 19-21, most likely also solo, so maybe we could meet the 21st? I'd be happy to go to either Squaw or Alpine. I'll pm you.

cool beans! I'll send you my contact info. ...We can discuss which is better choice on PM.

YAY!
k

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It'll be fun to meet another ski diva!
Can I join the two of you? I got coverage at work and could use some girl time
Also, @kasuncion6 did you want to demo the renouns or something else?
I have Wild Joy, Fulluvit95, and a few more that you didn't get in at Whistler

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That would be fun, @SnowHot! I'll pm you.
I have the (rare) Friday off and would love to but I also had friends stop by today and ask if I could help them with something on Friday so I may not be able to make it to Squaw. I'll let you know.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the (rare) Friday off and would love to but I also had friends stop by today and ask if I could help them with something on Friday so I may not be able to make it to Squaw. I'll let you know.
Hope you can make it!

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied at Squaw today. Didn't start until 11, which was a little late for the warm conditions. Started on Red Dog, and that was actually pretty good, especially Dog Leg and Upper Dog Leg. I did a couple of runs there, but the long, slow lift was putting pressure on my feet and making them hurt. I took the Funi and skied Marillac's off Shirley, then tried Granite Chief. The snow off the Granite Chief lift was very heavy, and I just started running again, so my legs couldn't handle it. I went back to Shirley and did a few runs there, then skied down to the base to try to get home early (12 hour shift tomorrow). So today was day 30, but I only skied 2.5 hours. It was hot!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Skied at Squaw today. Didn't start until 11, which was a little late for the warm conditions. Started on Red Dog, and that was actually pretty good, especially Dog Leg and Upper Dog Leg. I did a couple of runs there, but the long, slow lift was putting pressure on my feet and making them hurt. I took the Funi and skied Marillac's off Shirley, then tried Granite Chief. The snow off the Granite Chief lift was very heavy, and I just started running again, so my legs couldn't handle it. I went back to Shirley and did a few runs there, then skied down to the base to try to get home early (12 hour shift tomorrow). So today was day 30, but I only skied 2.5 hours. It was hot!
AWESOME to hear that... Were you on the Great Joy's?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, I was! Only skis I've skied since I got them.
I asked my physical therapist if I could ski July 4th. He said , hmm no I wouldn't if I were you. Also he said if I don't straighten my leg, I will have serious issues down the road. I'm trying...also thinks I made need meniscus surgery but to wait a few months.... and recovery is only 4-6 weeks so plenty of time to ski.
Meanwhile, I want to order new skis..... black crows may win out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly