• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 16/17

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
An update for Northstar:
We got some snow but not a ton. The last big storm came in as rain first which didn't help set up a base. But, it got cold enough to blow snow and make for a couple runs of nice snow.
Employees are blacked out to conserve the snow for guests.
The resort has been busy for the past week, I've barely been able to take a breather.
Phil is working today while I'm off for the first time in several days.
Bigger storm is supposed to roll in on Saturday.
Stay inspired and THINK SNOW!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks for snow report.. Usually follow BA open snow report. May try to come up midweek in a couple of weeks if more runs open. Heard arrow and vista open? Will wait until more than one run open!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, Arrow and Vista. I'm hoping they get Comstock open if this Saturday storm comes through. I'll try to remember to post updates here when I can.
(Between the ski shop and Pugski I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes, Arrow and Vista. I'm hoping they get Comstock open if this Saturday storm comes through. I'll try to remember to post updates here when I can.
(Between the ski shop and Pugski I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment)
Yeah I get it.. I like pugski too and look there as well.. I'll definitely come see you at true north !

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes!! Braved the two runs at Northstar yesterday. Actually not too bad! Just happy to get Day 1 of of the season on the books.

Last edited by a moderator:

merrydog

Angel Diva
Not SnowHot but we skied Northstar today and had a lot of fun. The cold weather has kept everything pretty nice. In addition to the groomed runs off of Vista and Arrow, there are several ungroomed options off of Comstock with friendly snow.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Not SnowHot but we skied Northstar today and had a lot of fun. The cold weather has kept everything pretty nice. In addition to the groomed runs off of Vista and Arrow, there are several ungroomed options off of Comstock with friendly snow.
That's great to know. Thanks for posting as I have been looking at terrain status, etc and saw almost everything off East Ridge is open.... Not enough snow in trees yet, right? Nice to know there are some ungroomed options.. Rock skis? or is there really enough snow for good skis?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Anyone going skiing this weekend? Snow report? Think I'm going next week - probably Wednesday or Thursday...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm not optimistic for this weekend. This storm is coming in warm, and I think a lot of the base is going to deteriorate.
Yes I heard 9,000 ft snow levels. Could easily wash away the snow.. Watching the weather and thinking about Wednesday or Thursday.

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm heading up Wednesday-Sunday... Open Snow says there should be another storm mid-week... Fingers crossed!!

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll just miss you then! I'll be at heavenly again at beginning of January, but then won't get a chance to go back until mid-Feb... Ah well - many happy turns to you!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm at Northstar now.. Arrived yesterday afternoon and skied from 2-4 on very firm groomed snow...Upper mountain closed due to high winds. Went over to Lookout Mtn with one run open which was slick!!! So that was day 1 but felt good to get out there. Today Northstar and most Tahoe resorts closed due to high winds and raining really hard so wasn't disappointed .. Still pouring but hoping snow levels drop tonight . I'm here until Tuesday!

ski_hat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went to Heavenly this morning just as they closed the mountain due to wind... We trekked over to Kirkwood, which was half open and had a decent amount of snow, but my oh my did we get WET. I only did two runs, but given that it was the first day of the season for me and the first day is always - without fail - the worst, I'm happy we got to ski at all!

Hoping it dumps loads of snow this evening and that Heavenly is open again tomorrow (since it's a lot closer to where we're staying!) - though I'd also be happy to explore more of Kirkwood!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Snow level is supposed to drop.. Kirkwood might be a good bet for you tomorrow as base elevation >7,000. Staying in northstar so will go out tomorrow and see what we get! What are you skiing on? I took out my Blizzard Sambas yesterday... Maybe Rossi Saffon 7's tomorrow? We'll see!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna