• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Swimmers?

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I count lengths rather than laps so odds are going down and evens are coming back. That way if I slip I can nearly always figure it out... then if you want to count strokes I think: 6-2,3,4, 7-2,3.4,

2bjenny

Certified Ski Diva
I miss swimming! My nearest pool is an hour drive each way these days. I swam for years when I was young and then with a masters group in the Boston area until I moved to the desert in Idaho. Like the other said, learning to breathe on both sides can be difficult. Fortunately, after years of swimming, it comes naturally to me now, though one side is easier. One thing that really helps me, is when I take a breath, is not to turn my head all the way out of the water, it's just a slight enough tilt to take in air, but by the time I have my head back down, I am already starting my exhale. But learning to do this without panicking when you get water in your mouth takes time. I'm trying to visualize my stroke - are you waiting too long to turn your head to inhale and then panicking that you have to take a breath? I'm already turning my head to inhaled while I am finishing the stroke and my hand would be down by my hip. My exhale speed depends on my pace, etc. I also found that I am one of those people that likes to breathe every three strokes. If you can learn to inhale with your head just turned slightly, then a controlled exhale, you can develop a nice rhythm that will work for you depending on the stroke pattern. Maybe I am restating something that was already said, but this is what worked for me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna