• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sweet Fat Thangs...What do we think?

Ok. Do any of you have Head's Sweet Fat Thang skis, and if so, tell me what you think of it.

Recommendations other than THAT ski for my Quiver (FAT or MID-FAT SKI)?

CM166.jpg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And dloveski just mentioned them in her trip report from today, hopefully she'll pop in.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Sweet Fat Thangs with Fritzshe (sp) AT bindings. I'm not a gear head, but I do know if a ski works for me or not, and these do.

The Fats are wonderful for days like today, when all mountain conditions are extremely variable, from crud to powder. The SFT's are the same shape as my Solomon Pocket Rockets---but they have a wood core, not a foam core like my PR's.

The Sweets float enough in the powder to make it fun, but also hold an edge in the hard stuff (unlike the PRs).

On 2 foot pow days, the PRs are the best, but for most days, all mountain variable conditions, the Sweets are better.

My daughter has a quiver of skis, but skis almost exclusively on the Sweets. She bought a second pair with the AT bindings for b/c skiing.

So I'm thinking I should buy them....yes?
(come on....egg me on!)

Ooooo......one more question....I asked another Diva today, but wanted your opinions, too. I ski a 167, should I stay at that length? The store guy heard about my 54.9 mph (he's a SD Lurker) and decided that I should go NO LOWER than what I am skiing. I told him that was NOT my normal skiing speed. :eyerolls:

What do you think?

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Of course you should buy them! As far as length, no idea on that one! But you should buy them. Or you'll be driving yourself crazy thinking about them.

:smile: I'm a K2 girl....but I can't help but fall in love with these! :D
(plus....the price is REALLY right!)
SOLD!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you'll like them, I do.

But now encourage me to buy the Volkl Auras.

I think this DIVA site is fueling my addiction.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:smile: I'm a K2 girl....but I can't help but fall in love with these! :D
(plus....the price is REALLY right!)
SOLD!

Y'know, if you wanted to stick with K2, you might want to look for some "Tough Luvs" -- I haven't tried them, but I've been admiring them this year! The numbers are similar. Beyond that, I couldn't begin to guess!

Kano

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Then there are next years's Phat Luvs which are really much hotter looking that this years' green incarnation...

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Then there are next years's Phat Luvs which are really much hotter looking that this years' green incarnation...
See, I prefer the green.

I think the deal with these though is that she's getting a screaming deal on some demos so I don't know that she'd be able to find them. NVG for reference the K2 Tough Luv skis are 124-88-111 where as the Head Sweet Fat Thangs are 121-87-114 so their numbers are similar if you found a pair of Tough Luvs.

See, I prefer the green.

I think the deal with these though is that she's getting a screaming deal on some demos so I don't know that she'd be able to find them. NVG for reference the K2 Tough Luv skis are 124-88-111 where as the Head Sweet Fat Thangs are 121-87-114 so their numbers are similar if you found a pair of Tough Luvs.

They are BRAND SPANKING NEW!!!!! :smile:

What about the Sweet Fat Thangs for 2009?

(thank you Robyn....the 2009's sweet Phat's are really cool!)

Yeah....I've been doing some research....I think I'm gonna go get these babies and have my bindings mounted! They are brand new....and they are giving me an exceptional deal!

They are their last pair and they are MY SIZE!!!!! :D

It's serendipitous! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly