• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Swearing, swearing...breakthrough.....slightly less swearing.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In other words, the weight shifts forward rather than pressing your toes down? I find pressing my toes down throws me into the backseat.
You’re right! Be careful of “pressing toes down” even though that may be common advice. Stand in your boots and try it with awareness; you’ll realize it actually opens your ankles and pushes you back! Instead, try raising your toes - keep the balls of the feet down and lift the toes toward the roof of the boot. That encourages your ankle to flex. Try lifting the toes this way as you ski and turn. I find it reminds me to keep forward in an athletic stance.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@VTsnowflower, I've decided this will be my mantra for the weekend. I've been concentrating on ball and pinky toe for the last few weeks, now I'm going to add this into the mix to help keep me in the front seat :smile: Can't wait to get out there on Sunday!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly