• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Surfing

socalskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went skiing earlier this week and decided it might be the last weekend. The snow was sticky and I was convinced I was going to blow out a knee in that stop and go mess.

So I brought out my wetsuit and had a surf yesterday. I think I've officially transitioned for the year. I've traded my skis for my board and I'm ready for summer. Anyone else surf?

Anna

Angel Diva
hehehehe!
I have done the opposite - put away my (body)board and pulled out the skis - literally - they are standing in the kitchen nook ....
Was going to put them away again for about 6 weeks but my sister said, "Nah, leave them out, they make you happy."
I think the hubby thinks he'll get one more surf (mini mal) in though ...

marta

Angel Diva
Yin and Yang

I've always been challenged to find summer sport/passion that gets my ya-ya's the same way as skiing does. Finally I've found my true summer love! SURFING! I'm probably now as addicted to the surf as I am to the snow.

And it gives me a valid reason to embrace living in New Jersey. :loco:
How many states can you surf and ski, and both within 1-2 hrs of home!

RuthB

Angel Diva
Pretty much all of New Zealand.

One of the beer companies sponsored a road trip over five days from one end of the country to another. There were two teams each had to ski and surf in the same day.

This clip shows one team on one day and gives you an idea of the basic nature of our club fields and our type of ski road (this one is worse than most, although I haven't skied there) and surf access. But most ski access roads are narrow, shingle, no barriers and most club fields still have rope tows.

The snow when this was filmed was rubbish, it's not usually that sparse.

[YOUTUBE]JwDZG9qivRw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Downunder Diva

Angel Diva
Australia - awesome surfing beaches here on the SE coast and Tasmania with mountains to ski as well - In fact it's summer surfing weather right now and I'm dragging our my board and my waveski :yahoo:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went skiing earlier this week and decided it might be the last weekend. The snow was sticky and I was convinced I was going to blow out a knee in that stop and go mess.

So I brought out my wetsuit and had a surf yesterday. I think I've officially transitioned for the year. I've traded my skis for my board and I'm ready for summer. Anyone else surf?

Curious as to what length board you are using compared to height? I'm looking into a new board and DH thinks I need a 5'6 and I think I need a 5'9.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Curious as to what length board you are using compared to height? I'm looking into a new board and DH thinks I need a 5'6 and I think I need a 5'9.

Finally, a equipment question I can possibly help with! Since I joined recently, I'm not sure where you are surfing or your stats... you can pm me.... curious what you have in your surfboard quiver already..... I do have too many surfboards, more than I can count on both hands..... but each has a purpose.... just like ski quiver I am starting! :bounce:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Awsome. I have a 6-0 now. The shaper says 5'6 too. So I am thinking that is close lengthwise just seems short. I will have more questions in a week or so as I start making other decisions so hang tight!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ask away, always happy to share info :smile: 6'0" is my daily driver (2ft to over head+). 5'6" would be fun, in smaller surf but wondering how wide/ thick/ and type of rocker. My smallest is a vintage 5'4" glass on fin board but its is a bit thicker/retro board I only ride on rare occasions but its soooo fun as the fins make a "humming" noise when I'm cranking turns down a fast line. Wondering if the 5'6" would be more of a "fish" shape? which would be fun in smaller or sloppy conditions.... Like skis, its all about the rocker and the width and the conditions lol! (front side carver; powder; all mountain; spring; mogul) Love that you have a shaper to work with :smile:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The length thing is a bit different for the surfing I do, but most of the characteristics become similiar. Tail shape, fin config etc. become one in the same. I will PM you and explain more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna