• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Surefoot or Zipfit Liner

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good luck with the zipfits @Mudgirl630 ! Kinda interesting to see my last post on this thread, one year ago. I've had 40 ski days on the zipfits since then. I had more OMfit added to the heel of my smaller foot (2 tubes worth) which improved them. I may get a bit more added to both feet this season but I'll see how they go. Overall they worked really well for me last season. I will say that they don't really remove any volume at all from the front of the boot, but the better heel/ankle hold makes up for it. I also find my custom insole helps keep my forefoot in place, somehow.

Their liners are much better than my previous boots, Atomic Hawk. Their liners went flat very fast. I weigh about 125, 5'7". They were also super cold boots.
Too true, on both fronts :laughter:I only got 20-30 days out of the stock liners. I still use the hawx boot shells though, the whole setup with the hawx+zipfits has become surprisingly tolerable. The new liners helped a lot, I would have had to replace the boots otherwise. I still get cold feet sometimes though :(

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I did like Hawx shell, just the liner was so crappy.
Thanks. I know nothing is perfect, but hoping that ZF would be better than the stock liner. I usually have multiple added insoles. Right now, three in left, 2 in right boot. My feet are so thin, not particularly narrow though.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm back in ZipFit liners. They are vastly improved over my previous pair purchased in 2011 (I believe.) I'm in a Rossi ZJ boot (92mm last) and have the World Cup liner in them. My left foot is happy as can be, my right foot needs some more Omfit, which I have ordered. The heel and ankle hold in these liners can't be beat. I do believe that a heated boot bag is critical to have if you own a pair (at least for me it is.) I can't/won't use them like a race liner, putting my foot in the liner, then into the boot shell. I can't because I have Hottronics, and the cords are already delicate enough. Sliding the liner in and out of the shell almost daily would destroy them.

The tongue of these liners still doesn't hit me quite where I want it to on my shin. This is where my Booster Strap comes into play. I run it above the shell and snug it down so the tongue is held more firmly against my shin.

A big factor driving my decision to purchase such a spendy item is that they really do last a very, very long time and can be moved easily from boot to boot.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm back in ZipFit liners. They are vastly improved over my previous pair purchased in 2011 (I believe.) I'm in a Rossi ZJ boot (92mm last) and have the World Cup liner in them. My left foot is happy as can be, my right foot needs some more Omfit, which I have ordered. The heel and ankle hold in these liners can't be beat. I do believe that a heated boot bag is critical to have if you own a pair (at least for me it is.) I can't/won't use them like a race liner, putting my foot in the liner, then into the boot shell. I can't because I have Hottronics, and the cords are already delicate enough. Sliding the liner in and out of the shell almost daily would destroy them.

The tongue of these liners still doesn't hit me quite where I want it to on my shin. This is where my Booster Strap comes into play. I run it above the shell and snug it down so the tongue is held more firmly against my shin.

A big factor driving my decision to purchase such a spendy item is that they really do last a very, very long time and can be moved easily from boot to boot.

You were in an intuition most recently with your new boot right? What made you change that up? I’m taking lots of notes for myself and doing new boots in the fall.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You were in an intuition most recently with your new boot right? What made you change that up? I’m taking lots of notes for myself and doing new boots in the fall.
They packed out quickly, and only got worse. Otherwise, I loved them. It's possible that a higher-volume liner would have worked a little better, but regardless, foam liners pack. I ended up having to put the "size adjuster" (super thin shim) that came with the race boots to take up volume. That's when I know it's time to go a different direction.

For someone with a normal volume foot, I think foam liners are fine. My husband is one of those people. I think his feet were the mold that ski boots were made from! So not fair.

Jilly

Staff member
Hm...I'm in the Hawk Prime and have been for 6 years in the boots....liners are just packing out after about 225 days. My boots were fitted for me along with the liners. I take my liners out of my boots every night to dry.

I've never seen Zipfit liners in Canada.

But as has been said...everyone is different.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva

HI. Are those boots 120 flex? If so, that is too stiff for me as I love the last being 92. Thanks for the updates. Since I ski so many days, it seems there are no others that last as FZ do.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
HI. Are those boots 120 flex? If so, that is too stiff for me as I love the last being 92. Thanks for the updates. Since I ski so many days, it seems there are no others that last as FZ do.
Also, I also use Hotronics because my boots being so snug, my feet are ALWAYS cold. That is a good point for not getting into the FZ first then into shell!!!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I tried the ZF in my boots yesterday. The total failure. Decided to go with getting a pair of new race boots instead. Ugh. I stopped by at thr SF, but the guys said they only last about 150 days. Not.enough for me to spend $430 plus another $350 or so for the insole heaters. 150 days will be a few days over a season.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Mudgirl630 sorry that didn't work out.
Which boots? the Hawks or the Mach1s?
From what I understand Atomic will have more stand alone liners next year / Mimic etc.
As posted above, I found the ZF lacking in my Mach 1LV.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I tried the ZF in my boots yesterday. The total failure. Decided to go with getting a pair of new race boots instead. Ugh. I stopped by at thr SF, but the guys said they only last about 150 days. Not.enough for me to spend $430 plus another $350 or so for the insole heaters. 150 days will be a few days over a season.
ZipFits only last about 150 days? Not true. The beauty of them is that they can last years if you take care of them.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630 sorry that didn't work out.
Which boots? the Hawks or the Mach1s?
From what I understand Atomic will have more stand alone liners next year / Mimic etc.
As posted above, I found the ZF lacking in my Mach 1LV.
I am looking at some Atomic race boots now. The last is between 92 to 96 depends on which model. I currently have Atomic Mach. They are pretty good for the recreational boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna