• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sunday River 2019/2020

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River is set to get around a foot of snow today, here’s hoping! It’s a heavy wet snow, and I’m okay with that since 1) I’m not skiing today and 2) like everyone else in New England this season we could use some base building everywhere and rock coverage in the trees!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Mountain is reporting 6-8”; I got to Bethel a couple hours ago and I can attest we got heavy snow. Shoveling is rough! It may be lighter at the mountain, but it should be good base building and for the trees :thumb:

newboots

Angel Diva
They are reporting that it’s lighter at elevation and heavier below.

elemmac

Angel Diva
I was out yesterday, so I’ll confirm, the top (third...maybe half) of the mountain was wonderful, still heavy, but not soggy. Lower elevations were real thick.

Jordan bowl was closed all day due to winds. Heading out there first thing today before I need to come in and work. Hoping for some good snow since it overall has a higher elevation than the rest of the mountain.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Any secret ways to get discounted lift tickets to Sunday River? I want to sneak up next Saturday, but it would be an unbudgeted trip so gotta make a compelling argument to the husband to blow the budget haha The tickets online aren't terrible, but since we'd have to stay over, any little bit saved counts haha I tried Liftopia, getskitickets, etc. but all the same price womp womp

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you are willing to sub Sunday for Saturday both BSSC and New England Snow Bus have trips to Sunday River. For about $90 you get both the bus ride and lift ticket, and you wouldn't have to get a hotel. You can catch the BSSC bus in Pembroke. Or if you have a pass anywhere else, check for passholder perks. My Wachusett pass will get me half off ticket window prices at Sunday River. Did you go to the Boston Ski Expo? If so, have you used your $10 getskitickets coupon yet?

knolan12

Angel Diva
Ah I feel like a dummy for not knowing about these/that there's a pickup on the South shore! Unfortunately we can't go Sunday, husband is going to the Celtics game womp womp Also totally forgot about that promo code, thank you!!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I skied for a few hours this morning. The mountain skied beautifully - groomers were gorgeous packed powder and the overall the un-groomed that I skied were lovely too; the un-groomed varied by peak...one was firm, but others were soft.

Temps are going to be chilly to start Sat and Sun and then Monday is warmer with a chance of a sprinkling of new snow, and Tues/Wed are quite warm. No deep freeze this time!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
r if you have a pass anywhere else, check for passholder perks. My Wachusett pass will get me half off ticket window prices at Sunday River.
Excuse my .ignorance, but how would I check this? I have a season pass at Okemo and another at Cataloochee (NC) Does it have to be a specific mountain relationship?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Excuse my .ignorance, but how would I check this? I have a season pass at Okemo and another at Cataloochee (NC) Does it have to be a specific mountain relationship?
Given that Okemo is Vail Resorts and SR is owned by Boyne Resorts, I doubt there is a reciprocal agreement between the two.

Reciprocal agreements are usually listed somewhere on a webpage for buying a season pass. Or could call the ski resort/area to ask.

During late season, I now carry my Massanutten season pass with me just in case I end up somewhere that is offering a deal for "any" season pass. That usually doesn't happen until after mid-March though.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Any secret ways to get discounted lift tickets to Sunday River? I want to sneak up next Saturday, but it would be an unbudgeted trip so gotta make a compelling argument to the husband to blow the budget haha The tickets online aren't terrible, but since we'd have to stay over, any little bit saved counts haha I tried Liftopia, getskitickets, etc. but all the same price womp womp

Our Ikon pass has 'buddy' passes 25% off..

LA Coombs

Certified Ski Diva
For those who will be at Sunday River the weekend of March 14th, there is an event being held called "Master of the Mountain": https://www.riverfundmaine.org/master-of-the-mountain/

From the Sunday River website: It is "an event that combines the excitement of downhill skiing with the precision of a timed road rally and enduro challenge—all while raising money to support the youth in the Sunday River region.

During the Master of the Mountain Challenge, participants with advanced to expert skills are asked to ski to a series of checkpoints on Sunday River's slopes. This timed event aims for contestants to ski certain trails at a controlled, yet aggressive pace, and the goal is to come as close to the pre-determined target time without going under. Target times will be posted on the top of each run to help you gauge your pace."

So consider this either as 1) an FYI that there may be skiers competing (?) on trails that weekend or 2) an opportunity to participate!

MissySki

Angel Diva
https://www.sundayriver.com/season-passes

Sunday River has posted their season pass prices for 2020/2021.

Some noteworthy changes:

- The Platinum pass still gives early lift access on Sundays and now includes a base Ikon pass! Also adds in 50% off tickets to Mountain Collective resorts (I think that’s new, but not positive. I don’t think we were affiliated with Mountain Collective before this..)

-The Gold Pass also includes the Mountain Collective Benefit.

If Diva West were at an Ikon resort next season, the Platinum pass would be a no brainer. Still more expensive than, but building on the old Max Pass offering that so many of us miss!

marzNC

Angel Diva
- The Platinum pass still gives early lift access on Sundays and now includes a base Ikon pass! Also adds in 50% off tickets to Mountain Collective resorts (I think that’s new, but not positive. I don’t think we were affiliated with Mountain Collective before this..)

-The Gold Pass also includes the Mountain Collective Benefit.
You are correct that having a 50% discount at MCP locations would be new. But that's not how I read the SR webpage. The 50% discount looks like it's only at Boyne Resorts outside New England. The key ones for a northeast skier would be Big Sky and Brighton.

With the Platinum New England pass from Boyne at $1549, that makes the difference over Ikon Base $850. For someone who lives in eastern New England who is interested in driving regularly to Loon, Sunday River, and/or Sugarloaf AND wants to ski at least 8 days at Ikon resorts out west, that's in the right ballpark. The 50% discount for Big Sky would be good for someone planning to a trip there to ski more than 5 days.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 8.56.11 PM.png

elemmac

Angel Diva
You are correct that having a 50% discount at MCP locations would be new. But that's not how I read the SR webpage. The 50% discount looks like it's only at Boyne Resorts outside New England. The key ones for a northeast skier would be Big Sky and Brighton.

Weird...the MCP discount was definitely there earlier...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Weird...the MCP discount was definitely there earlier...
Hmm, perhaps someone typed in something about the MCP that was either wrong or not for public info yet. Would not be the first time there was confusion like that. There hasn't been any general announcement about the MCP for 2020-21 yet.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Woah, yeah they definitely switched what was listed on the website from earlier today..! I specifically looked at the details for Platinum and Gold and the MCP discount was specified for each at that time in addition to the Western Boyne resort perks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna