• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sunday River 2/17/20 (Prez Day) or Killington 2/23/20 (Sat) or...?

yogiskier

Angel Diva
I have a ski bus day trip voucher to use - choosing b/n Sunday River on President's Day Monday (2/17) or Killington on Saturday (2/23). I know there are school vacation weeks going on...they can't be avoided in late February! Bus from Boston to SR is 3.5 hours one-way, arriving ~9am, leaving 5pm and bus to K'ton is 3 hours one-way, arriving ~8:30am, leaving 5pm. I'm an intermediate on groomers (so far :smile:) I went to SR once 3-4 yrs ago and I have never been to K'ton.

Where should I go? Or...will the crowds be too insane and I should save my bus voucher for SR on 3/21 or 3/29 or Bretton Woods on 4/5 (the only other date options that work for me)?!?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Usually the Monday will be the best on a holiday weekend at Sunday River, as far as avoiding crowds. Saturday and Sunday will be a lot more crowded. However, it's harder to predict with President's Day because the Monday also starts the February school vacation week. If I had to pick between Killington or Sunday River on a weekend/holiday though I'd always pick Sunday River, plus I've heard conditions are really good there right now. I haven't been up in a few weeks due to diva west and then a sick pup last weekend kept me home. Too bad I'll only be there Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend, otherwise I would have been happy to show you around and how to avoid the crowds if they are there Monday! :smile:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No says what conditions will be at end of March, but it will definitely be quieter. By then many weekend warriors have moved on to other activities, especially if there’s no snow on the ground at home.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
@yogiskier - I would very much be interested in going to SR at the end of March. Perhaps we can discuss during our backcountry clinic if you don’t use the voucher before then!

yogiskier

Angel Diva
@yogiskier - I would very much be interested in going to SR at the end of March. Perhaps we can discuss during our backcountry clinic if you don’t use the voucher before then!
@ilovepugs I will keep that option in mind!

Okay, I ruled out Killington...but still considering SR next Monday, because I want to ski in the next 2 weeks. I will be steering clear of the North Conway area because of the school vacations...so the only other plan I could think of was going to a local mountain in Southern NH (Crotched?) or MA (Wachusett?) either next Monday or the following. Hmm...

marzNC

Angel Diva
or MA (Wachusett?) either next Monday
If you can go to Wachusett on a non-holiday Monday, it's easy to get in a fair amount of skiing at any level because all the primary lifts are high-speed detachable chairlifts. Even skiing from 9:00-2:00 is a pretty good workout. The school buses don't arrive until after 2:00.

newboots

Angel Diva
You might have better luck farther from Boston, like Berkshire East or Catamount. Nice ski areas, lower hassle factor, and cheaper!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna