• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sun + warmth —> waaaahhhhh!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
For the first year ever, I’m a little verklempt about the end of winter. LOL.
Squeezing in a last ski this Friday with a friend... knowing that next week’s highs of 55 in the Midwest does not bode well for long term ski outlook this spring.

How do you handle this? Gracefully? Kicking and screaming?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As they say, I feel your pain. I always get seriously depressed at the end of ski season. I even wrote about it here.

Some of my friends think I'm nuts; they are so happy to see the warmer weather! Sigh. If only we could ski year 'round!

newboots

Angel Diva
I like summer, too, but nothing beats skiing! And early spring can be so dreary, with muddy roads and puddles everywhere.

We had a ton of snow and very cold weather, but the warmth of the past few days and coming week is bad news for my local areas. I doubt little Thunder Ridge is going to make any more snow; I don't know about up in the Catskills. I have my fingers crossed for Vermont after my second vaccination!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I have the luxury of a late season trip to Alta in April to meet up with friends as an annual tradition. Given that the local season (southeast) is essentially Jan and Feb, trips out west in March or April are the only way to have a season that goes for 3-4 months.

When my daughter was little, the choice for an outdoor activity was between skiing or horseback riding. I steered her towards skiing partially because it's a seasonal sport. Although at this point I think about skiing all year. Helps to have found friends who like to do the same.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
When skiing ends, I remember it is almost time for gardening! And I also took up golf around the same year I took up skiing (so, like, 2 years ago.) I am looking forward to playing in a social golf league this summer.

Oddly, even though golf and skiing are totally unrelated, I find some of the concentration aspects to be similar and satisfying in the same way.

Still hoping to eeeek out a few more weeks of skiing around here though. Go away, sun!

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Also living in the Midwest, I feel your pain. It's very hard for me to give up winter, especially because we normally have two months of 40 degrees and rain until truly nice weather appears. Some years I can make it out west for a spring ski trip, but not this year.

I do also love mountain biking, and caught myself looking at my mountain bike in the garage today with anticipation.

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want to be one of those people who skis the runs off the Palmer lift in July at Timberline! I just don't know if I'm good enough. I can't even fathom my warmup run having to be a black. I'm sure I could do it if I could ski some blues first, but that isn't a choice by the time Palmer opens. I also want to see the US Ski team practice up there!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
I do also love mountain biking, and caught myself looking at my mountain bike in the garage today with anticipation.

OOOOH, and I started spinning in November, so I'm ready for my biking skills to be substantially improved over last year. And, we can finally have friends over in our backyard again ... we stopped when it dropped to the teens and single digits at night.

Plus, as an instructor at a local college, I get my first shot tomorrow!!! Now to figure out how to get DH vaccinated.

kiki

Angel Diva
Today someone said they were happy to see the weather warming up, I held back from saying that sucks lol!

i usually try to ski till mid April and then start golfing regularly the weekend after the last ski day. It varies each year due to snow. I prefer skiing but have to say during Covid that golf is much less impacted by things like lines and masks and is almost the same as pre-Covid, so that is a bonus.

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
i usually try to ski till mid April and then start golfing regularly the weekend after the last ski day. It varies each year due to snow. I prefer skiing but have to say during Covid that golf is much less impacted by things like lines and masks and is almost the same as pre-Covid, so that is a bonus.

Yay, another golfer! Maybe we need a GolfDiva thread for summer.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Same here; I love mtb as much as skiing. I bought a gravel bike last fall to train and enjoy the shoulder seasons when skiing is over but mtb trails haven't opened yet. It's great to be excited for the change of seasons no matter which season it is!

Emski528

Angel Diva
I’m also a mountain biker. Skiing is my hands-down favorite but I always refer to mtb as skiing in the summer. It’s the closest I can get to that same feeling. I ordered a new bike in August and it’s scheduled for end of March arrival. I have big plans for skills practice this summer and booked myself for a women’s bike camp in VT in August. I was able to ski more than ever this year and it’ll be painful to miss it. In fact, I better go...Whiteface lift opens at 8:30 and I have a family to get out the door. Enjoy your end of season, everyone!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Every.Single.Spring. It's already hitting me and this year it seems extra hard because of the very late start to winter in Utah. It seems we've only had a month of true winter skiing this year.

It's supposed to be 60 in SLC this weekend :cry: so we're talking about getting the mountain bikes out to ride Antelope Island, which isn't my favorite place to ride, but it's our only option that won't be snowpacked or muddy. https://www.mtbproject.com/trail/7000469/antelope-island-figure-8

Jilly

Staff member
Usually the end of the season only gives me about 1 maybe 2 weeks before we're on the water at home. So I move out of the condo and bring everything home. The next weekend most of it goes to the cottage. So the weekend after skiing finishes, I'm firing up the cottage for spring and summer.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
Same here; I love mtb as much as skiing. I bought a gravel bike last fall to train and enjoy the shoulder seasons when skiing is over but mtb trails haven't opened yet. It's great to be excited for the change of seasons no matter which season it is!
I definitely think a gravel bike will be my next big purchase! Seems like a great solution to get me outside before the mountain bike trails are rideable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly