• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Summer Heat Poll

What non-skiing sports do you do?

• Biking

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • Climbing

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Golfing

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Hiking, Walking

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Horseback Riding

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Running

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Skating (roller & inline & ice)

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Surfing or other melted snow-related (Scuba, swimming, boating, etc)

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Dancing (aerobic, Zumba, salsa, swing, tap, square, whatever moves you)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm always thinking about what deliciousness might be my next meal.

One of my (picky eater ) coworkers said she wishes we had Jetsons pills so we didn't have to cook or eat. I'm still mind boggled by this. I can't think of anything worse.

I love that - "what deliciousness might be my next meal."

My mom has said the Jetsons pills thing, too. Incomprehensible. Sorry, @Jenny !

OMG DH and I just went out to dinner and I initiated the discussion of how did you like your meal cause its important to be satisfied with ones meal right! He asked how my meal was. Well my blackened ahi club was delicious but I would have swapped out the wheat bread for something different but it was otherwise delicious and I'd get it again and look forward to my leftovers tomorrow.

DH said his meal was "meh, it was good but it was food, you know, food's not that important to me". What, what, what. I just couldn't wrap my arms around this. He is one of those jetson food pill people. Sigh, just when you thought you knew someone lol. Well I guess I'll still keep him cause he has other redeeming qualities but I still shake my head.....................

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a Jetsons food pill person, too, mostly because it takes so long to prep (and eat). Breakfast on a weekday is like 4 egg whites scrambled with smoked salmon & avocado, smoothie, yogurt with nuts and fruit. Sometimes the smoothie or yogurt come with me to work, but I could never be someone who goes into work, eats an oatmeal packet and calls it breakfast. I'd be starving in 40 minutes.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today I ironed napkins all morning. It hit 90 before noon, which isn't quite normal. Neither is ironing (for me).

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait. How many napkins do you have???

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, all morning might have been an exaggeration ... but I probably ironed 50 or so.

(I should probably count some day; next record-heat day I will, maybe. I have another 30 or 40 that I send out and are in nice little starched packages. Then the everyday ones I don't iron, about 20 more? This is silly isn't it.)

Ok, I counted, it's between 150 and 160, lol. But this goes back 25 years...

Last edited:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And I don't even own an iron =/
I have one. I have no idea where it is. One got relegated to ski waxing. There's another one - somewhere.

I'm a Jetsons pill person. I generally only know it's time to eat when I start feeling light-headed (i.e., low blood sugar). Scraping paint off a porch for hours can do this to one's appetite/brain/name it. Funny thing is, the surface from which I am scraping is scarcely worth the effort, it's such junk. :rolleyes: This Is the Last Time I do this task.....:frusty:

Tomorrow we WILL water ski. 90-plus forecast.

I eat every 3 hours or so, am a grazer. English muffin, yogurt or cottage cheese about 9 am at my desk. Lunch around 1230/1, maybe some kale salad and a tuna sandwich. Then around 3 i have sone almonds or grapes. Steamed veggies with some brown rice for dinner. I do my "fine" dining on the weekends lol.

I dont own an iron either;the dryer is my friend.

Jenny

Angel Diva
I almost never iron. It's DH's iron, really. I either dry clean it, or (more often) put it in the dryer with a damp towel. If I can't get wrinkles out that way, I just don't.
This my method. When I bothered to use a curling iron I sometimes tried its
heat on a stubborn wrinkle. But that was before I discovered the spray wrinkle remover. Now I just use that and blow it dry if I'm in a hurry.

I have a friend who irons her curtains, thankfully we have other things in common.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One of my friend's mothers admitted to ironing her diapers! This was a long time ago. I'm sure she ironed all the sheets, too. Although if the iron is out, I will iron pillowcases. It's like being in a nice hotel, crisp pillows.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
CY9VwkD.jpg

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hate ironing with passion. I do own an iron, but use it only in emergency as I try to by clothes that do not need ironing. I love ironed bed linen, so I give it to laundry and have it delivered washed and ironed. I tried to do it once myself - no, thanks. I literally would rather stare at the ceiling for the same time it takes to iron a set of linen than do the ironing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly