• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Subaru Forester/Mazda CX-5

Jenny

Angel Diva
Congratulations on a beautiful ride! To this day, my Camry is my most missed car. I let her go with over 196,000 miles and in excellent condition inside and out. Anytime I can get a Camry from the rental car lane, I do do happily.
This is my third one, had a Corolla before that. DH is on his second RAV. So, yeah, we're definitely comfortable with Toyota. My first Camry was my favorite - 1999 with the V6 engine. Had it for 12 years, 235000+ miles. Only sold it because there were some things I decided not to fix and replaced with with the 2012. Turns out I never liked the second one quite as much . . . but it was still a great car. We lost her too young - only 127300 miles.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Computer "log" depends on car as far as technology in the navigation system - the car I recently bought from a 3rd party was not fully cleared so I could see some of the previous maintenance minders and could check w/ service done on car fax, as well as all her phone numbers, destinations, and well I can probably still open her garage door :0
Oops - that's a problem with tech, isn't it, lol?

The 2018 is the first model year with changes, so that did make me think a little bit, but since I had to make a decision, I'm crossing fingers and hoping for the best.

SqueakySnow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have a 2017 Outback and dearly love it. Have had no maintenance issues thus far, but my brother-in-law had a Forrester about 10 years ago that he said was a lemon. Not sure I trust his ability to maintain a car, so take that for what it's worth ;) When we bought the Outback, we also drove the Forrester turbo version. I really liked the pep and the look of the car from the outside, but the seats were super uncomfortable. Once we drove the Outback, we were sold. I wasn't a huge fan of the updated station wagon look of the Outback, but after living with it for the past couple of years, I'm so glad we went with it. The form factor is better than the shorter SUVs. It's a dream in the snow and ice and a delight every other day too!

Susan L

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That said, my next vehicle needs to less dependent on oil. It is just a choice I am making. So it is going to be a hybrid like a Prius or an all electric vehicle. But that is a few years off, I think.

My husband and I decided to go all electric 2 years ago but ended up keeping our gas SUV as a backup vehicle. We love that we no longer have to go to the gas station and our roadtrips are “free” (free charging). But it is a pain to have to plan for charging stops when filling up for gas would only take minutes...

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
My husband and I decided to go all electric 2 years ago but ended up keeping our gas SUV as a backup vehicle. We love that we no longer have to go to the gas station and our roadtrips are “free” (free charging). But it is a pain to have to plan for charging stops when filling up for gas would only take minutes...

Yes, which is why we would purchase only 1 all electric vehicle and have the other be a hybrid.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly