• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stowe sets New England record with $147. lift ticket

kiki

Angel Diva
@marzNC yes we have local hills that are less pricy. My friends have passes at some of them. For me, having paid so much for an annual pass at WB, it's hard to afford to also pay then to ski elsewhere .

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
@marzNC yes we have local hills that are less pricy.
As do we, here in Maine. And they are lovely. And yes, many who ski there have little to no interest in traveling 2000-3000+ miles to ski.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We have season passes in NH, but were going to visit friends at Stowe for a weekend. Then I figured out that even buying early it would cost my family of 5 almost $1k for lift tickets for the weekend and we had to change our plans. It's outrageous!

I'm a little late to the party, it sounds like you have already changed your plans. Bolton Valley isn't very far from Stowe and they always seems to have specials on tickets. So if it comes up again, maybe a special day at Stowe with your friends, and fill in the rest of the days at Bolton?

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you know if you can ski Pico with the Ikon, I've heard mixed things? I haven't been in a really long time, since I was a very timid beginner. Would love to do a day there this season to check it out now.
Sadly no, it was on the MAXX pass last year but when they changed over to the IKON...Pico wasn't "iconic" enough and didn't make the cut. :(

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I suppose the resort owners know enough about marketing to make the calculus, but it does seem as though first time skiers will be quickly turned off by these prices. My son-in-law’s only experience skiing was years ago, but at Killington, where they paid the window price and rented skis and boots. (A friend’s family had a condo.). No lesson, didn’t have much fun, and had no interest in skiing after that. It could have been otherwise.
You bring up a very good point. We have some friends who own a timeshare at Stowe and they are headed up over the holiday break to ski, but ironically not at Stowe. They will be at "another" ski mountain down the road. It is probably for this reason.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
Do you know if you can ski Pico with the Ikon, I've heard mixed things? I haven't been in a really long time, since I was a very timid beginner. Would love to do a day there this season to check it out now.
I would think you can. When you can ski Killington you can ski Pico, but not the reverse. A lot of people don't want to use a Killington day to ski Pico, because a Killington peak day ticket cost $124 and Pico $85. I hope that helps.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I love Pico. Old school, not crowded, and lots of nice skiing. Very fun.

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You bring up a very good point. We have some friends who own a timeshare at Stowe and they are headed up over the holiday break to ski, but ironically not at Stowe. They will be at "another" ski mountain down the road. It is probably for this reason.
They are probably on the Epic local pass which is blocked out over christmas week. Thats why they have to head somewhere else.

Christy

Angel Diva
$147 really is a lot. Disneyland is only $110/day for crying out loud. And at Disneyland you can use an app and a (free) fastpass to skip or minimize lines. Hopefully Stowe doesn't have bad lines--that would really be adding insult to injury.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I would think you can. When you can ski Killington you can ski Pico, but not the reverse. A lot of people don't want to use a Killington day to ski Pico, because a Killington peak day ticket cost $124 and Pico $85. I hope that helps.

So if you have a Killington ticket for the day you can head to Pico with that? With Ikon it's direct to lift at Killington, so that wouldn't work if they don't accept the Ikon at Pico.. but if they allow you to notmally ski one from the other it'd seem there needs to be some way. No care here on the cost differential, I'd just like to explore anotger mountain and maybe hide from some of the crowds. :becky:

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
They are probably on the Epic local pass which is blocked out over christmas week. Thats why they have to head somewhere else.
No they do not have the Epic Pass. I think the family has had the time share at Stowe for a while, and probably being a family of four decided, they could ski "the other mountain" for a lot cheaper. (It is not us, we do not own a time share :-O.) They will be skiing for about 10 days, through Jan 4th--all at the other mountain.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So if you have a Killington ticket for the day you can head to Pico with that? With Ikon it's direct to lift at Killington, so that wouldn't work if they don't accept the Ikon at Pico.. but if they allow you to notmally ski one from the other it'd seem there needs to be some way. No care here on the cost differential, I'd just like to explore anotger mountain and maybe hide from some of the crowds.

Typically you can ski at Pico if you have a Killington ticket (you can't ski between the 2--at least not easily or in a way that most general public would be able to do--there is no formal "connect"--which is a whole other topic that comes up pretty frequently) but I thought when the Ikon first came out it was a bone of contention that Pico was excluded from it. I've read elsewhere (other forums) that Ikon is not accepted at Pico. It's the fact that you can normally ski Pico on a Killington ticket that makes the fact that Ikon is not accepted especially infuriating. But if you want to double check, in case something has changed with Ikon, I'd just call Pico and ask.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
At Cannon (in NH), if you show up on a two-fer day, the people at the desk pair you up with whoever is standing in line behind you. So on Tues and Thurs, you pay $40.
On Wednesdays, if you live in NH, it's $25.
So Cannon isn't all that expensive if you plan ahead and are somewhat flexible, or if you live in NH. It's really cheap if you live in NH and are over 65 (FREE Mon-Fri).

marymack

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No they do not have the Epic Pass. I think the family has had the time share at Stowe for a while, and probably being a family of four decided, they could ski "the other mountain" for a lot cheaper. (It is not us, we do not own a time share :-O.) They will be skiing for about 10 days, through Jan 4th--all at the other mountain.
Curious if "the other mountain" Bolton Valley or Smuggs?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Pretty sure the answer is "no," meaning you cannot use an Ikon pass at Pico for 2018-19. If I'm reading the online ticket purchase info correctly, $54-60 for Saturdays in January. Pico is using RFID. Even saw something about "unlimited date changes."

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Today in the Ikon Facebook group, someone said they are were at Pico and able to use their Ikon pass. Supposedly it will be part of your Killington days now. Hope this is true, sure seems to make the most sense to do it this way.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea there was an Ikon Facebook group. Joined.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Today in the Ikon Facebook group, someone said they are were at Pico and able to use their Ikon pass. Supposedly it will be part of your Killington days now. Hope this is true, sure seems to make the most sense to do it this way.

I saw on another board that it was announced on the Pico instagram page that you can now use your Killington Ikon days at Pico. So I went over to their instagram page to check and sure enough--it just changed so you can now use your days at Pico. So yay!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I saw on another board that it was announced on the Pico instagram page that you can now use your Killington Ikon days at Pico. So I went over to their instagram page to check and sure enough--it just changed so you can now use your days at Pico. So yay!

Awesome, thanks for further confirming!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna