• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stowe or Okemo lodging?

saranneblue

Certified Ski Diva
Hi! Does anyone have any recommendations for lodging near either Stowe or Okemo? Looking at possibly MLK weekend and don't want to totally break the bank.
Thanks!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I had a good experience at the Northern Lights Lodge a few years ago, which is pretty close to Stowe. Meaning it's on the between the town center and the ski lifts. Looks like they still have rooms left for MLK weekend. It's owned by a relatively young family, really nice people.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm thinking . . .

You are driving? Are you coming up from south of here?

Most places are going to fill up for Martin Luther King Day, so you should act soon. If you’re coming from Boston or the N.Y. area to Okemo, you’ll drive through the town of Chester. There’s an inexpensive little motel called Motel in the Meadow (or something like that). In Woodstock (35-40 minute drive to Okemo, there is a clean, friendly, not very expensive place called Sleep Woodstock. I can vouch for good quality mattresses!

The prices get jacked up for the holiday. You might try AirBnB. Much less expensive. A friend runs one. I’ll ask if she is booked if you want.

I don’t have any info on Stowe. Good luck!

saranneblue

Certified Ski Diva
I had a good experience at the Northern Lights Lodge a few years ago, which is pretty close to Stowe. Meaning it's on the between the town center and the ski lifts. Looks like they still have rooms left for MLK weekend. It's owned by a relatively young family, really nice people.
I did see that own- looks really cute! Will give them a buzz in the morning.

saranneblue

Certified Ski Diva
I'm thinking . . .

You are driving? Are you coming up from south of here?

Most places are going to fill up for Martin Luther King Day, so you should act soon. If you’re coming from Boston or the N.Y. area to Okemo, you’ll drive through the town of Chester. There’s an inexpensive little motel called Motel in the Meadow (or something like that). In Woodstock (35-40 minute drive to Okemo, there is a clean, friendly, not very expensive place called Sleep Woodstock. I can vouch for good quality mattresses!

The prices get jacked up for the holiday. You might try AirBnB. Much less expensive. A friend runs one. I’ll ask if she is booked if you want.

I don’t have any info on Stowe. Good luck!
We are a fam of 4 who would be driving up from north of Boston area. I am certainly willing to check out neighboring towns, so will look those up- we would also consider an Airbnb.

newboots

Angel Diva
Dinner at the Homestyle Hostel will set you back quite a few $$$. Wonderful, though. I suspect the rooms are the same.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dinner at the Homestyle Hostel will set you back quite a few $$$. Wonderful, though. I suspect the rooms are the same.

I've stayed in the dorm in the hostel and it was really nice, bearing in mind it is a dorm in a hostel and humans do things like fart and snore and smell. Really well run place, but the rates for private rooms do creep up for holidays. The same couple owns Main and Mountain across the street. Impeccable, standard ski motel, but pricier.

I once stayed at a B&B in Chester called The Karass Inn, and it was really nice for a fair price, but it is small and does sell out.

There's also a holiday inn up in Springfield (about 40 min from Okemo) that I've stayed at during a holiday period, and I don't recall the rates being nearly as high as motels in town.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've also used the "Northeast Traveller" coupon book found at the "welcome to Vt' info centers. I've stayed at The Days inn in Rutland good free breakfast, indoor pool. 30min to Okemo. There is a holiday inn across the street more $$ no breakfast

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
And if staying in Rutland Pico and Killington are also skiing options

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna