• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stowe 20/21, also Bolton Valley

echo_VT

Angel Diva
The conditions at Stowe are finally getting better from bare bones. We get snow but then it rains and it gets washed away. Then it gets cold and freezes.

We’ve been getting snow lately and consistently 5 inches each day. However these past couple days we’ve been getting whistling winds. Went up sensation quad and the wind whistled. Thought I was at Whistler! It was a loud whistle.

they are still blowing snow so not all the runs are open. Off sensation quad just one run was open.

Holiday crowds were bananas today and yesterday. Surprisingly empty on Sunday even with snow. It rained on Christmas (A LOT!!) and we were called off from work on Christmas and the day after (Friday and Saturday)

echo_VT

Angel Diva
They shut down sunny spruce for a good part of the morning today due to the winds. The lines for meadows stretched all the way to the sunny spruce lift. It was seriously hectic!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Today there’s less wind and just 1” of new snow. Conditions are variable for Stowe, it warmed up yesterday afternoon so there were some icy spots today but mostly good.

newboots

Angel Diva
It's been a weird year for snow in the Northeast, that's for sure. All that snow, then all that rain! Glad you're getting more snow!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Absolutely.
we skied uphill the perry merrill gondola trail with the husband and the kiddo on NYE. It was icy, windy and not fun but we did it and there were quite a few people who had the same idea including families with kids.

Yesterday was warm. Didn’t go to the hill.

It snowed overnight. In Montpelier we got 6”. The roads weren’t plowed including the highway I-89. Getting to the hill was an hour instead of the usual 40-45 min. In the town of Stowe there was also snow, and on hill it snowed and is still snowing. Big fat flakes. But it is slow and sticky. Moguls everywhere. Nice powder run in the morning.

We finally have snow!! :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I’m back in Montpelier— we got 9”-12” overall. Lots more shoveling when I got back!

I went to putter in the nearby hills. That was fun. I also puttered around the college green. When I say puttered I mean classic ski but with adventure skis (backcountry XC skis).

Great soft moguls at Stowe the whole way down when I left. Very enjoyable :smile:

Now where’s that hot cocoa ;)

newboots

Angel Diva
9-12”! Wow! That’s wonderful!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
So no snow really — but the snow is still here. There have been some snow tunnels. But we’re getting snow this weekend. The nailbiter is that it may also rain. So doing all the snow dances to hope for all snow thru Sunday... we’ll see!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Hoping that Bolton Valley gets some - I’d like to get out and skin this weekend

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Nice. I wonder if you’ve seen my husband and kid skinning at Bolton Valley :smile:

Last weekend was a bit icy on Saturday. Daughter reports the skiing was good on Sunday — I ended up xc skiing on Sunday which was so great too :smile:

Looking forward to the long weekend—!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
The skiing has been fantastic Saturday and Sunday due to the snowfall that’s happened. The weather has been nasty but the skiing has been amazing.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Did you get out to Stowe or to Bolton? I skinned up Wilderness this morning (slowly!!) - I was amazed at how many people got there at the ***-crack of dawn, like me - but of course, I guess we're all nuts in our own way and the powder was lovely.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
We were at Stowe bc the kiddo was in her program and we were working :smile: I ended up doing a clinic in the afternoon and it was nice. Lol so many people have been going uphill this year due to it becoming a trend and also I think the pandemic had something to do with it...!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Been skiing Stowe and it’s been so good. Mainly stick to the spruce side bc teaching, clinic also my daughter skis there for her program. I’ve been on skis a lot, even in the super frigid temps yesterday. I have my level 1 tomorrow so looking forward to it.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
2CBC1551-7470-4B84-A045-A7FFF50544DF.jpeg
Skinned Bolton this morning and have been night skiing there a little this last week. The snow’s been excellent! We have been in a lucky weather stretch these last couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna