• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stoko Knee Support Tight

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Has anyone looked into these? They combine a knee brace with a compression tight.

"On the Snow" sent out an advertisement with the information and a 20% off coupon good until April 15. The code is:
"ONTHESNOW20".

As you can see they're a bit pricey at $400US, minus the $80 coupon of course.

I am very curious to learn more about them.

(Moderator, if this thread is misplaced please move it as needed).

Screenshot_20220323-134313.png

alpinemagic

Diva in Training
Yes! I’ve been skiing in the K1 stokos all season after a knee injury. At first I was skeptical they’d be as supportive as the brace I was wearing (and also a little nervous about the price) but ultimately decided to give them a try.

Putting them on the first time was a challenge because the cables that run up and down the legging made them feel super tight but everytime after that was much easier and after some time they started to mold to my body. So there’s a very slight break in period but it’s worth it.

After that first time, I wore them literally everytime i skied, snowboarded or hiked and felt much so much more confident despite my knee instability. The thickness of the tight is nice and insulating too, a lot of times I could get away with just the stokos under a shell pant.

After a few months of unsuccessful PT I ended up needing to have knee surgery but the stokos got me through the ski season until April! Will probably use them next season too, as I’m getting back to skiing.

Let me know if you have any specific questions @skibum4ever, happy to share more of my experience with them!

alpinemagic

Diva in Training
(Sorry I didn’t see this before the coupon expired, would definitely recommend giving them a try if they go on sale again!)

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Yes! I’ve been skiing in the K1 stokos all season after a knee injury. At first I was skeptical they’d be as supportive as the brace I was wearing (and also a little nervous about the price) but ultimately decided to give them a try.

Putting them on the first time was a challenge because the cables that run up and down the legging made them feel super tight but everytime after that was much easier and after some time they started to mold to my body. So there’s a very slight break in period but it’s worth it.

After that first time, I wore them literally everytime i skied, snowboarded or hiked and felt much so much more confident despite my knee instability. The thickness of the tight is nice and insulating too, a lot of times I could get away with just the stokos under a shell pant.

After a few months of unsuccessful PT I ended up needing to have knee surgery but the stokos got me through the ski season until April! Will probably use them next season too, as I’m getting back to skiing.

Let me know if you have any specific questions @skibum4ever, happy to share more of my experience with them!

Hope your knee surgery goes well and that you're back to skiing next season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump:
Very interesting idea.

OnTheSnow posted an article about the Stoko tights recently.

Was the break in period a few days or over 10 ski days? How do you think they would work for biking?

alpinemagic

Diva in Training
:bump:
Very interesting idea.

OnTheSnow posted an article about the Stoko tights recently.

Was the break in period a few days or over 10 ski days? How do you think they would work for biking?
If I recall, the break in period was only 3 or 4 ski days. I also adjusted the cables to be a bit looser during those first few days which helped! I think they would work well for biking- I wear them running and hiking too since it’s easy to move around in them, similar to leggings but much more supportive.

marzNC

Angel Diva
If I recall, the break in period was only 3 or 4 ski days. I also adjusted the cables to be a bit looser during those first few days which helped!
Thanks! That seems pretty reasonable.

I think they would work well for biking- I wear them running and hiking too since it’s easy to move around in them, similar to leggings but much more supportive.
Just realized that there are three versions. K1 Summit is for cold weather while K1 Tempo is for warm weather and K1 Flux is for activities where getting sweaty is very likely.

K1 Tempo is 3/4 length. Given that I'm petite, that could actually be an advantage even for use when wearing ski boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly