• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stockli SR 102 and Montero AX 80 mm 2023 models

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's a Diva to do...? Buy another Stockli of course! Just purchased the Laser CX . Have the Nela 80 already, and wanted to try the narrower Stockli offering that is most suited to me in this below 70 width range. Love the Nela, likely going to love the CX as well.
And like Olesya, will sell off the pairs of skis unused in the past two years or more.
Congrats on your CX! Enjoy! Yes Stocklis are amazing, I had no idea about it until I demoed.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's a Diva to do...? Buy another Stockli of course! Just purchased the Laser CX . Have the Nela 80 already, and wanted to try the narrower Stockli offering that is most suited to me in this below 70 width range. Love the Nela, likely going to love the CX as well.
And like Olesya, will sell off the pairs of skis unused in the past two years or more.
Good going!! I think I'm going to get the CX too- I don't 'need' it but dang it was SOOOOO MUCH FUN to rip on it.

coldthrill

Angel Diva
It's very exciting to be reading these reviews. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and impressions! I just watched the Ski Essentials video on the Montero AX, in part because that was one of two skis recommended to me on the Stockli site today. The Stockli rep on another forum recommended the Laser SC to me, so that's another one on my radar. Definitely intrigued by the CX now too! It's tempting to pull the trigger on one now. I'm curious what @badger has to say about the CX, as I'm on the lightweight side as well and the MX was the other one the Stockli ski finder recommended.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's very exciting to be reading these reviews. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and impressions! I just watched the Ski Essentials video on the Montero AX, in part because that was one of two skis recommended to me on the Stockli site today. The Stockli rep on another forum recommended the Laser SC to me, so that's another one on my radar. Definitely intrigued by the CX now too! It's tempting to pull the trigger on one now. I'm curious what @badger has to say about the CX, as I'm on the lightweight side as well and the MX was the other one the Stockli ski finder recommended.
the Laser SC (163) felt stiffer to me and didn't 'hook up" until at speed (my speed is mach 3)
The Montero is a DREAM SKI- I don't think you can go wrong with it. It is so responsive, stable and forgiving. Just amazing.
The CX was a hoot for me- I do love speed and making tight turns so it fit my style perfectly it feels racy but isn't heavy- If I didn't already have Renoun Z-90's 2 pair of Liberty 76Ws' Sheeva 10's I get both. lol. then I need a bigger car to transport them all. I'm not a lightweight but prefer lightweight skis that I ski and am not along for the ride.

coldthrill

Angel Diva
the Laser SC (163) felt stiffer to me and didn't 'hook up" until at speed (my speed is mach 3)
The Montero is a DREAM SKI- I don't think you can go wrong with it. It is so responsive, stable and forgiving. Just amazing.
The CX was a hoot for me- I do love speed and making tight turns so it fit my style perfectly it feels racy but isn't heavy- If I didn't already have Renoun Z-90's 2 pair of Liberty 76Ws' Sheeva 10's I get both. lol. then I need a bigger car to transport them all. I'm not a lightweight but prefer lightweight skis that I ski and am not along for the ride.
That is so helpful. Thanks! It sounds like I'd love both too, and the CX is 0.43 kg lighter per pair: a fairly big difference. The waist is 9mm narrower (69 vs 78), at least according to Stockli. (Ski Essentials says the Monterey AX waist is 80mm, but Stockli says it's 78mm.) I would love to try (buy, lol) both, and can already see I'd be super happy with either. Would sell my barely used SA 80s (20-21).

Last edited:

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That is so helpful. Thanks! It sounds like I'd love both too, and the CX is 0.43 kg lighter per ski: a fairly big difference. The waist is 9mm narrower (69 vs 78), at least according to Stockli. Weirdly, Ski Essentials says the Monterey AX waist is 82mm, but Stockli says it's 78mm. I would love to try (buy, lol) both, and can already see neither would be a mistake. I'd sell my practically brand-new SA 80s.

That is so helpful. Thanks! It sounds like I'd love both too, and the CX is 0.43 kg lighter per ski: a fairly big difference. The waist is 9mm narrower (69 vs 78), at least according to Stockli. (Ski Essentials says the Monterey AX waist is 80mm, but Stockli says it's 78mm.) I would love to try (buy, lol) both, and can already see I'd be super happy with either. Would sell my barely used SA 80s (20-21).
I have Montero AX. They have 80 mm waist width.

It's a great ski, very versatile and forgiving for 80 mm wide ski. But they can ski fast ad smooth if you want to step on the gas. They have the biggest range of performance of all skis I have been on - super forgiving and high performance at the same time.

Last edited:

coldthrill

Angel Diva
I have Montero AX. They are 80 mm waist width.

It's a great ski, very versatile and forgiving for 80 mm wide ski. But they can ski fast ad smooth if you want to step on the gas. They have the biggest range of performance of all skis I have been on - super forgiving and high performance at the same time.
Thanks so much. And congrats on the purchase!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly