• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stockli SR 102 and Montero AX 80 mm 2023 models

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a chance to demo Stockli at Greek Peak ski resort in NY after @marzNC pointed out to me that Greak Peek had Stockli demo day March 13th 2022.

Conditions: it snowed 5 or so inches at Freak Peak the day before and a few inches overnight. Conditions in the morning were amazing, soft snow everywhere, bumps and groomers very soft, no ice in sight.

Me: solid advanced skier, capable of skiing some of the double black terrain in steeper mountains like Taos. I like soft snow, steeps in soft snow, bumps, easier trees, will ski groomers if it's icy. My stats - 6'1" tall, and 185+ lbs.

Frist I demoed Stockli Montero AX in 173 cm, sidecut for 173 cm long skis 124-80-112, 15.5 m turning radius, 80 mm underfoot
The 173 felt a bit short for me. Overall impressions - amazing. I get why people pay $$$ for Stockli. They were great in bumps, chopped up snow (though I need longer length for more stability). Very intuitive to get on edge and carve, they like short radius turns, super turny I would say. They were a blast in bumps, the tails were easy to release despite these being skis with a lot of sidecut and square tails. They carved on groomers beutifully too. There was not really ice patches to test the edge hold but the edge hold on groomers seemed very solid. I think these should hold well on ice though. I only took one run on them because I wanted to get on 178, one size up. But they had Storm Riders 102 in my length (182 cm) so I jumped on those instead.

Flex felt medium to soft, maybe a touch soft for me, but again maybe I needed to try the 178 cm. Or buy them.. Wayyy to pricey though lol :decision:

Stockli Stormrider 102 in 182 cm, sidecut 135-102-125, tunr radius at 182 cm 19.8 m, 102 mm underfoot

These were so much fun in the soft snow, chopped up on the groomers that was there that day. They do carve on groomers despite the width. The turning is very intuitive, for both short and long turns. They could easily handle me going a bit faster but didn't demand it, they were a blast in powdery bumps that had some icy spots showing in the afternoon. I liked them so much I took 2 runs on them and then had to drive home. Super smooth and versatile ski IMHO. If I didn't have Nordica Enforcer 104 free, I would have been tempted by them. Well I am tempted by them, but will not buy now. :smile:) When I need new powder skis it may be Storm Riders, but that will not be anytime soon.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I was just watching the Skiessentials.com review of the Montero AX. Jeff mentions on the video how he was on the Ski Diva forum and was reading a review posted on the Montero AX. I assume he means your write up. I really want to demo a Stockli but I'm afraid I'll buy one if I do.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just watching the Skiessentials.com review of the Montero AX. Jeff mentions on the video how he was on the Ski Diva forum and was reading a review posted on the Montero AX. I assume he means your write up. I really want to demo a Stockli but I'm afraid I'll buy one if I do.
Wow my review was mentioned somewhere. Stocklis are great, but yes you may want them if you demo. :smile:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The hype is real.... My home Mt Demo day had Stocklis- yes I want them... but $$$$$

Here's my review on Stocklis and a couple others.

2022-Royal Demo day. 2023 Skis Sunny and COLD- 14-25F Firm surface with loose granular Great carving snow- STOCKLI”S!!! “turtle shell” technology First time on Stokli!

AX-Montero 173cm (80) a bit long but WOW- loved them, very easy to ski, everyone’s a hero on these. Wish they had the 168 or 163 to try

Laser SC- 163cm (72) Felt stiffer than AX- great at Speed, so stable.

Laser MX- Ladies specific ski 158cm (67) Very nice, too short, not as aggressive as others, very stable another make you ski like a hero ski.

Laser CX- 163cm (69 waist) WINNER- WINNER carved like a dream, rock solid, couldn’t out ski it, I loved making tight turns, awesome railroad track skis. 23’s called Orea- green or blue woodsy top sheet- I WANT THESE.

Laser World Cup 165cm (66) heavier than others, fast, turny, stable, race feel

Laser SX 165cm (70) Skier cross ski- surprised it felt like it skied ‘long’ very damp, heavier, still great stable ski
OTHER SKIS-
Blizzard Phoenix R14/Pro= 160cm (69 waist) Fun ski, carves nicely, very nice ladies ski- stable, not aggressive

Atomic Cloud 14- 152cm (75 waist ) need longer- I over skied these, still decent carver for ladies,

Atomic Cloud 11- (my old ski) 155cm (78waist ) too short but still a nice solid, fun ski- (CX’s were more fun)

Surprise of the day- Atomic Maven 86C- light, nimble, carver, liked speed, rock solid.

I was so worried after the Stokli’s I’d not like my skis. Wrong I still LOVE MY LIBERTY 76W’s- Hopped on them and kept smiling- they still are stable, awesome carvers.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm hearing good things about the Maven too. Next season we might have some demo's.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great reviews @nopoleskier ! Thank you for sharing.

Did you feel like Montero was more forgiving then the Liberty 76? I thought that Montero was more forgiving/easier to ski then Liberty 76, but that I needed 178, not 173 cm length (I demoed 173 cm). I used to own Liberty 76 but sold them past winter.

I would like to find narrower skis (80 mm or under wide) that are more forgiving but not noodles, I am tall and heavy, decent skier so I can't be on softer intermediate skis. So far only Montero AX fits that description for me.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Most likely. :becky: It's pricey though, not that has stopped me before. :decision: I would just have to hide it from my husband or not tell him how much $ they are. :laughter:Though he is slowly getting used to my ski purchases..
You must have a pair to sell!!!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great reviews @nopoleskier ! Thank you for sharing.

Did you feel like Montero was more forgiving then the Liberty 76? I thought that Montero was more forgiving/easier to ski then Liberty 76, but that I needed 178, not 173 cm length (I demoed 173 cm). I used to own Liberty 76 but sold them past winter.

I would like to find narrower skis (80 mm or under wide) that are more forgiving but not noodles, I am tall and heavy, decent skier so I can't be on softer intermediate skis. So far only Montero AX fits that description for me.

Absolutely the Montero's are so easy peasy- hero skis. I think Liberty's are more race like, and why I like them, definitely not as forgiving.

I also demo'd the 173 Montero (Greek peak guy was the demo guy at Royal) I liked the 173's so IMO they ski Short.

I am also tempted.. I'd need a bigger Sport tube LOL.. I really like those CX- and the Montero's and the CX were so much fun for me, my speed demon friend couldn't catch me on the CX, they felt like they were part of me. Now I have Sheeva 10's, my renouns and 2 pair Liberty 76W's, and I still want Stockli's they are amazing.

Bookworm

Angel Diva
I skied what used to me the Montero at Taos last season. They were nice, but I liked the Blossoms better - and they were cheaper.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied what used to me the Montero at Taos last season. They were nice, but I liked the Blossoms better - and they were cheaper.
I think if you mean Laser AX then Montero AX is different - it's more forgiving then Laser AX from what I read.

I have not skied Laser AX so don't know for sure, but when I was looking into a forgiving narrower skis Laser AX was not described as forgiving. Though the forgiving "feel" will be different for everyone because depends on many parameteres, so I hear you.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did get the Montero AX in 178 cm, mounted with race bindings Marker Xcomp 16, that is the binding recommended by SkiEssentials the online retailer that I got the skis from. I skied them today at Big Snow for a few hours, they were just as fun as I remembered them. They are fun and easy going, but can be skied hard if wanted to, though it's hard to get much speed at tiny slope at Big Snow. The 178 cm length is good for me, my weight/height/skiing style.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What's a Diva to do...? Buy another Stockli of course! Just purchased the Laser CX . Have the Nela 80 already, and wanted to try the narrower Stockli offering that is most suited to me in this below 70 width range. Love the Nela, likely going to love the CX as well.
And like Olesya, will sell off the pairs of skis unused in the past two years or more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly