• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Steep & Cheap Coupons?

knolan12

Angel Diva
Hey Divas,

I found a jacket on Steep and Cheap that I think is ~the one~ (at least for now haha). I've never ordered off of SAC though. Do they ever do coupons or free shipping? I'm not getting the low stock alert so I can wait a little bit, but don't want to wait too long haha. The price is the best I can find and it's definitely a deal, but I always like to save a little more when possible : )

Also, it's a Marmot jacket and I've never purchased one before. Do they tend to run true to size? The reviews for the jacket seem like it fits well so I was going to order my usual.

Thanks!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Google all the standard coupon sites: Retail Me Not, Coupon Cabin, Join Honey.com. If you have Wikibuy, it will usually run possible coupons for you. I also have Rakuten on my Firefox. It notifies you if your site has money back. Steep and Cheap is a 3% back. I get a refund check from Rakuten in the mile four times a year. Fixed income senior skier here, always looking for deals.

I think my Marmot jackets and pants are true to size ... but true to whose? Who knows!!!! Even between different models in the same company sizes vary. Makes me nuts!!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steep and Cheap is the outlet store of Backcountry dot com. Both are reputable, I've done returns to both. I've noticed Backcountry price might be a few bucks higher and you get free shipping, whereas SAC will charge for shipping.

Maybe check the sizing charts for Marmot on a few different websites, or find reviews for the jacket elsewhere to compare.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Steep and Cheap is the outlet store of Backcountry dot com. Both are reputable, I've done returns to both. I've noticed Backcountry price might be a few bucks higher and you get free shipping, whereas SAC will charge for shipping.

Maybe check the sizing charts for Marmot on a few different websites, or find reviews for the jacket elsewhere to compare.
^^^Check for the item on both sites, then do the math with free shipping through Backcountry vs. the lower price but not free shipping with SAC. I've often found Backcountry to end up being cheaper. Both ship quickly.

As for sizing, I find Marmot to run a tad bit on the large size. Which jacket is it?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's a big difference. I would get in touch with Backcountry, point out the difference, and see if they will match the price and give you free shipping. Doesn't hurt to ask. Usually it's just a diff of a few bucks, so I wonder if the model year is the same, or other features. That jacket is on evo dot com, that's a good vendor too.

knolan12

Angel Diva
Ooh that's a good suggestion! It's definitely the same coat and looks like same inventory (only two sizes left in the color I want). Definitely can't hurt to ask especially if it saves $10

knolan12

Angel Diva
I spoke on a panel at work the other night and just opened the thank you card from the organizer which included a $50 gift card! Not waiting on any coupons, getting my coat now :yahoo:

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
I know you want the jacket now, but SAC is incredibly, incredibly cheap in July. The jacket I bought from them in July for $400 is $900 now and $1100 on Backcountry. If you can wait... buy in July!

knolan12

Angel Diva
I guess the ski goddesses were looking out for me, I used the SAC coupon that @ski diva posted yesterday and got another $20 off the jacket. Now just to await it's arrival (along with some snow haha)

Jersey Ski Girl

Certified Ski Diva
That's a big difference. I would get in touch with Backcountry, point out the difference, and see if they will match the price and give you free shipping. Doesn't hurt to ask. Usually it's just a diff of a few bucks, so I wonder if the model year is the same, or other features. That jacket is on evo dot com, that's a good vendor too.
I have to check out the deals. It's always a good time for new gear...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna