• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Steep and Cheap

Marigee

Angel Diva
That does look like a great jacket. I bought a soft shell last year, so I'm not in the market. My biggest problem is that I have a very difficult time finding jackets, pants, shirts, etc. that fit. I am 5' 1 1/2" tall, weigh 108 and have short legs and arms (and no bust to speak of!) Few ski shops have a large inventory of petites - or short lengths. Sleeve and pant length are big issues - you can't really have ski pants shortened! I can't really buy stuff over the internet unless I am very familiar with the manufacturer b/c I really have to try things on.

Does anybody out there have a good suggestion regarding ski cothing for petites?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Marigee --

I'm the exact size as you -- height and weight -- so I know how difficult it can be to find clothes that fit. ANY clothes.

I actually have an Acr'tyrex jacket -- not the one that's advertised on Steep and Cheap, but a different one. It's a small petite, and it fits pretty well. The sleeves are a little long, but other than that, it's fine.

The biggest difficulty for me are ski pants. Once I even resorted to a kids size, which isn't bad because they're cheaper. A couple of years ago I managed to find a good pair in petites in a ski shop in Breckenridge, so that's what I wear now.

Marigee

Angel Diva
Ski Diva,

I found a pair of black pants about 5 years ago and I wear them nost of the time. Last year I found a pair of girls Columbia pants in grey that fit okay. The lining is a little weird, but at least I have another pair of pants. I keep my eyes open all the time for another pair of short black pants that aren't too expensive - I always hit the sales. If I paid full price I'm sure I could find another pair more easily. My pants are fine for now, so I figure I can wait until I find a pair on sale somewhere.

I can usually fit into girls sizes - particularly in tops, but often I find that ski jackets, etc in Girls don't have the features I am looking for in a jacket - or pants, and sometimes aren't made as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna