• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Steamboat Jan 27-Feb 6

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Day 11 Saturday
My last ski day! Had another lesson and I skied much better today. Visibility was great and it turned into a blue bird day.
I started out on the Nordica Wild Belles and felt like I had not control on the groomers--so I switched to the K2 OooLaLuv and after that I got my mojo back. I felt the the Wild Belles had no edge grip and were bouncing around--the instructor said he could see them chattering. Supposedly the K2s are stiffer than the Nordicas. I absolutely hated the Nordicas on everything other than fresh powder but the K2s did everything well---nice edge grip, very nimble and forgiving in bumps and I skied the best I ever have in the trees today. I normally hesitate a lot in the trees, but today I was able to pick up a rhythm and just GO.
I know they changed the core construction of the Wild Belle this year and obviously this ski is not for me--it's too bad though because I liked it last year when it was different.
Here's a picture taken from the Four Points lift
IMGP0150%20copy_zpscdfk3rba.jpg

Then another of me about to go down Sunset I think
IMGP0151%20copy_zpslulsyain.jpg

So even though I wasn't able to finish out the trip with my regular instructor, I enjoyed my pinch hitter instructor as well. He was fun to ski with---so I'm glad I now know another instructor in Steamboat that I can feel confident booking if I need to.

Sad the trip is over, but next up is Jackson Hole at the end of February, so stay tuned for that report!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, another new K2 lover! I'm intrigued by their latest lineup for sure.
As far as being a perfectionist, yep, I get that. Guilty here as well.

Have a great time in JH! So many fun trips--good for you!

just jane

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I totally missed this thread and it's probably too late, but @a_banana, you can't go wrong with a dip at Strawberry Park Hot Springs. I hope you found it.

a_banana

Certified Ski Diva
I totally missed this thread and it's probably too late, but @a_banana, you can't go wrong with a dip at Strawberry Park Hot Springs. I hope you found it.

Thanks for the tip, just_jane! I'm already back from my trip, and didn't make it to any of the hot springs (either Old Town or Strawberry Park), unfortunately. I decided against Strawberry Park early on - my car isn't any kind of off-road machine and the description of the road up scared me away from driving myself; and the shuttle option seemed crazy expensive at ~$45 round trip. I was planning to go to the Old Town hot springs later in the week, but chickened out due to all of the bruises on my legs I acquired while skiing - they looked gross and made me feel more self-conscious than usual. The hotel had a decent hot tub, so I used that instead. Next time for sure!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna