• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Staying Fit in a Covid-19 World: Best Fitness Apps

MissySki

Angel Diva
I do have the OK to set up a 'Ski Diva Only' online Pilates class. I will set up a separate thread for that. After I take MY Pilates session for the day and a walk while it's nice out!

I’m so excited about this!! Even doing my Zoom yoga classes with a group I don’t know at all, you feel a nice sense of community. Being that this will be divas, and some I have actually met in real life will be even better!

newboots

Angel Diva
I went to my last in vivo PT appointment. Next week, virtual. My PT says it's working well, and it amounts to 50% of their appointments now.

I will miss them! The little social life I have left!

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I went to my last in vivo PT appointment. Next week, virtual. My PT says it's working well, and it amounts to 50% of their appointments now.

I will miss them! The little social life I have left!

So far, I'm still going for PT for the peroneal tendon and, that's my social contact, although Tuesday she & I were the only ones in the whole big room, though there were more in the other big room. I'm far enough along now that physically I'd be OK continuing on my own now and I really expect it's coming soon Only nine cases have been announced so far in this county of over 255,000 people.

Thank heavens for DIVA contact !:thumbsup:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My brain does not have enough organizational skills to lay out the Pilates class info today. Since I am an employee of the Pilates studio I have to set things up. I WILL put up a coherent post in the morning!!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I received this link in an email today and I thought it would fit in with this topic. There's a lot that's covered for our new-normal COVID-19 lifestyle:
  • workout videos and streaming workouts
  • home exercise apps
  • yoga de-stressing
  • equipment for home workouts
  • outdoor running programs
  • kid and pregnancy workouts

https://www.eastewart.com/fitness-balanced-living/home-exercise-program/

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The CrossRopes app has jump rope workouts. I don't think you need to have one of their own ropes, which are pricey. Otherwise, the Jump Rope Dudes Youtube channel has lots of workouts if jumping robe is your thing.

MissySki

Angel Diva
The CrossRopes app has jump rope workouts. I don't think you need to have one of their own ropes, which are pricey. Otherwise, the Jump Rope Dudes Youtube channel has lots of workouts if jumping robe is your thing.

Ohhhhh thank for that!! I have a jump rope, need to find where I put it though..

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been using a rock climbing app to track and maintain climbing specific finger strength. And, I have been following along to Total Body Weight Warrior/ Tom Merrick on YouTube. He just put out a free, weeklong follow along program.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So after trying a number of different apps and not finding anything that bowled me over, I began trying fitness videos on Youtube. Some of them are quite good, and even better, they're available for FREE. While I was searching around I came across a number of dance cardio videos by Shine Fitness. Shine is a studio in Idaho, and the videos are really fun -- very dance-y and just the right level of intensity for me. I mean, I'm in pretty good shape, but I'm not in my twenties, or even my thirties, and I'll never compete in an Iron Man. I love to dance, and the Shine videos are a nice work out and good for getting my heart rate up. After doing the free Youtube videos for a couple weeks, I just signed up for a 3-day free trial where you can take actual on-line classes. Did one this morning, and I really like it. A membership isn't expensive and you can cancel any time. I'll probably sign up.

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva

Found my jump rope and downloaded the app! Now if only it wasn't a high wind down pouring rain kind of day..

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Yes, my TV was spotty or off for 11 hours and the power was out 6, but at least I didn't get hit this time like we did February 6th. I'm still cleaning up and repairing....

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did anyone mention Nike Training Club app? They have an mazing variety of workouts from yoga-based to HIIT and agility oriented. Lots of no equipment required workouts. They recently made their premium version free because of the shut down. The premium version includes full workout let by personal trainers and athletes. My ballet studio Philly Dance Fitness offers livestream classes for members. I do technique ballet and pointe, but they have a huge variety of dance fitness classes including Zumba, contemporary, hip hot etc.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna