• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Staying Fit in a Covid-19 World: Best Fitness Apps

SkiBam

Angel Diva
My daughter was doing an online yoga class yesterday, watched (and, she claims, mocked) by the three teenagers sitting on the couch. I said they'll be sorry when their young bodies stiffen up!

As for me, I'm mainly cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Still lots and lots of snow here (I tried not to think today of how lovely it would have been at Tremblant), but this is a small village and while the trails are officially closed, there's no problem with using them. (I certainly wouldn't venture far into the woods, but stayed on the main trail which is flat and very accessible.) Hardly anyone around. So can't really complain - yet.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dusted off my wii-fit balance board today. Then I took the dog for a walk along Quincy shore. Then I came home and ate a piece of the banana bread DD baked, still warm from the oven. The dog might be getting another walk this evening if I can't stay away from the baked goods.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Would love recommendations on (new) rollerblades. Would use on flat streets and our local park trail. I bladed years ago here in south Florida and even used ski poles. Equipment is long gone, interested in new gear.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m finding myself working out way more than normal for me during the week since I’m home. I guess that’s what cutting out 3 hours per of day commuting will get ya! Anyone else? I’ve been starting the day with a live Zoom session of yoga put on by a studio I go to in the summers, and then at lunchtime I’ve been doing a barre session using the Down Dog app. I really like that I can pick a different focus area each day for barre. I did the core focus today.. I swear anytime I do core specific workouts I’m reminded of how much more I need to do it since it kills me every time!! Lol I do need to start building in some cardio as well, that’s my least favorite thing and I’m still managing to avoid it apparently..

SarahXC

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@bsskier I got the Rollerblade Macroblade 100 3WD at Christmas time and have been happy with them thus far. The soft boot is really different though from my old hard skates but I still feel like I have good control. My ski boots are 24.5 and I got 25.0 in the skates.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m finding myself working out way more than normal for me during the week since I’m home. I guess that’s what cutting out 3 hours per of day commuting will get ya! Anyone else? I’ve been starting the day with a live Zoom session of yoga put on by a studio I go to in the summers, and then at lunchtime I’ve been doing a barre session using the Down Dog app. I really like that I can pick a different focus area each day for barre. I did the core focus today.. I swear anytime I do core specific workouts I’m reminded of how much more I need to do it since it kills me every time!! Lol I do need to start building in some cardio as well, that’s my least favorite thing and I’m still managing to avoid it apparently..

If you want to start, or move well ahead in core work, join me in taking classes at
The Providence Pilates and Fitness Center. No, I’m not teaching at this point. I’m leaving it to those depending on the income. Since I was slacking all winter. I’m starting with a beginner Pilates mat class at 10:30 tomorrow morning. I’m following with a private online session on Thursday. You need to sign up with Mindbody and Zoom. https://www.providencepilatescenter.com/

On the totally free front: Silver Sneakers is offering a free class tomorrow on Facebook. Strength & Balance at 11:30 tomorrow.

For cardio, I’ve been walking fast and jogging. This virus crap hits the lungs so I want mine in fighting condition!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been trying to do workouts in my house. I set up a hangboard and workout space in my storage room and manage to eke out 30 minutes a day of workout (my 5yo does the warmup with me while the 3yo has quiet/nap time and then I kick him out of the room and he stands outside the door and peaks in through the cracks). Its better than nothing. Monday-upper body, Wed- lower body, Friday hangboarding. I will probably add in T/Th core if I can manage it depending on the virtual school schedule we will start next week. I've been doing Fitnessblender for the workouts and use an app for hangboarding. Set up my slackline out back so I'll probably try and do that a few times a week when I'm outside playing with the kids.

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 11

MissySki

Angel Diva
If you want to start, or move well ahead in core work, join me in taking classes at
The Providence Pilates and Fitness Center. No, I’m not teaching at this point. I’m leaving it to those depending on the income. Since I was slacking all winter. I’m starting with a beginner Pilates mat class at 10:30 tomorrow morning. I’m following with a private online session on Thursday. You need to sign up with Mindbody and Zoom. https://www.providencepilatescenter.com/

On the totally free front: Silver Sneakers is offering a free class tomorrow on Facebook. Strength & Balance at 11:30 tomorrow.

For cardio, I’ve been walking fast and jogging. This virus crap hits the lungs so I want mine in fighting condition!

Ohhh so are you the one teaching the online classes??? That could be fun!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhh so are you the one teaching the online classes??? That could be fun!

I wish! I’m taking classes from the studio owner. I’ve been with her as a student and teacher for 15 years. She has a great collection of instructors already in place. Since I am generally away all winter I wasn’t on the possible list. It’s all good! And thank you for the thought!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MissySki and anyone else reading this... after I took my online private Pilates session this morning I spent some time chatting with my friend and studio owner. I mentioned I had planned to promote my teaching to breast cancer survivors. It is one of my specialty trainings in Pilates. She said we could definitely do that. But as I was thinking, I bet if we could come up with a relatively acceptable time it would be possible to put together a ski diva class. I would not offer to teach it as my group teaching skills are very rusty. But there are teachers on our staff who I would very highly recommend. If it seems like that would pull together, and I know getting a consensus under these stressful times is tough, let me know and I can present this.

And no matter what, keep moving, stay healthy and stay as seen as possible!

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki and anyone else reading this... after I took my online private Pilates session this morning I spent some time chatting with my friend and studio owner. I mentioned I had planned to promote my teaching to breast cancer survivors. It is one of my specialty trainings in Pilates. She said we could definitely do that. But as I was thinking, I bet if we could come up with a relatively acceptable time it would be possible to put together a ski diva class. I would not offer to teach it as my group teaching skills are very rusty. But there are teachers on our staff who I would very highly recommend. If it seems like that would pull together, and I know getting a consensus under these stressful times is tough, let me know and I can present this.

And no matter what, keep moving, stay healthy and stay as seen as possible!

I LOVE the idea of a ski diva class!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My studio is open to this. Likely with me teaching! I am working out logistics. Because I would be using their platform I have questions and potentially obligations. But it would be great to get a group together. I’ll let you know the next installment!

MissySki

Angel Diva
My studio is open to this. Likely with me teaching! I am working out logistics. Because I would be using their platform I have questions and potentially obligations. But it would be great to get a group together. I’ll let you know the next installment!

:dancing:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly