• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
I wrote to CW-X yesterday. This was their response: "Thank you for reaching out to CW-X! Currently, we do not have ¾ Insulator Stabilyx tights however, we will have new ¾ insulator tights for the Fall/Winter of 2021. Please check our website then for these new tights!" So we will have choice again come fall! Still ordered non-insulating ones as I will use those for a variety of activities.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wrote to CW-X yesterday. This was their response: "Thank you for reaching out to CW-X! Currently, we do not have ¾ Insulator Stabilyx tights however, we will have new ¾ insulator tights for the Fall/Winter of 2021. Please check our website then for these new tights!" So we will have choice again come fall! Still ordered non-insulating ones as I will use those for a variety of activities.

Awesome, thanks for the update!

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Omg, I'd never heard of these before this thread but I'm so intrigued now after seeing all the positive comments here. Pricey, but if they actually work....! I'm tempted to try to pick up a pair on sale!

Looks like I'm somewhere between a small and medium according to their size charts and measuring my waist and hips. Size up or down?

Last edited:

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have you ever worn compression wear?

If not, be aware that these are quite tight. If you’re between sizes, I imagine it’s a matter of personal preference.
I haven't, no! This would be my first foray into compression wear.

Confusingly, I found another size chart on the CW-X website, with height/weight, and according to that one I am on the smaller end of S. I guess if I take the average of the two different size charts, I'd be somewhere in the range of size Small...

MissySki

Angel Diva

Confusingly, I found another size chart on the CW-X website, with height/weight, and according to that one I am on the smaller end of S. I guess if I take the average of the two different size charts, I'd be somewhere in the range of size Small...

I’ve always gone by the height and weight chart and been fine. They can be really hard to wiggle into at first, but you get better at it as you go. Just don’t be surprised or discouraged when they are extremely tight/hard to get into to start, it’s how they are supposed to be.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I can’t stand clothes I have to wrestle my way into! Shades of trying to shove my carcass into a girdle back in those days when that was a requirement!

They are comfy to me once on, and not as hard to wrestle into anymore lol. It was more when I first got them that I was like ummmmmmm can I actually fit into this???

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I actually think your decision should be between XS and S otherwise you may as well just buy regular leggings and save yourself the international shipping. Compression wear is usually a pain in the ass to get on and off, and I will spend the time shimmying into them in the morning and peeling them off at the end of the day with imprints left in me because I think the benefits are so worth it to me. They will also stretch over time even with the gentlest of hand-washing and line-drying flat in the shade so by the end of the first season the struggle won't be so bad.
My "full hip" (aka butt) is usually about 34.5-35", probably 36" now, low waist where the waistband sits is 28" and I would probably struggle to get into my current tights if they were still brand new, but they have relaxed slightly after a couple of seasons and washing. My mother would technically be in a S solely based on height despite only being 110lb, but also wears the XS with slighly wider hips and a hip measurement of 35".

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
do most of you get the joint support version or the endurance generator and joint support ones?
I have the Endurance Generator, but I haven't ever seen an insulated version of that. I thought that it was only the Stabilyx (joint support) that came in an insulated version, so I imagine most of those who talk about insulated tights mean that Stabilyx. I have some niggly old injuries in my right leg which is also my 'good' downhill leg for hockey stops so figured the extra support wouldn't hurt.

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
Update: Contacted the company again late November. Below is their response on 11/29/21. I rely on my Insulator Stabilyx 3/4 tights like you wouldn't believe. Worth the sweat getting into them. Have Endurance 3/4 tights (not insulated) but prefer the Insulator ones and only use 3/4 length for skiing.

"Thanks for reaching out to CW-X! We have not received the Insulator 3/4 Tights in stock yet, we are expecting it to arrive within 2 weeks and stock will be extremely limited. We recommend signing up for our emails as we'll announce it when it arrives."

I am on their email list and still no notice of them coming in yet. Gave my old ones to my daughter because 30 lbs ago, they were great but holy hell, not now! If you're old enough to have watched the show "Emergency" (mid 70's, Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe starred) and can remember the funny episode with the woman who couldn't breathe and they had to cut the too tight girdle off of her..I almost recreated that scene in my van last March with my poor hubby starring as the EMT! It was clearly time to size up, so am waiting patiently to replace them.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just got Bracelayer insulated compression tights (¾ length, so don't overlap ski boots) and skied with them for the first time today. Really liked them! Anyone else tried them?
I have not tried those, but thanks for the heads-up - good to know there are options. Like others, I have CW-X, both regular and insulated, all in the 3/4 length.

Jilly

Staff member
My friend Katherine has a pair of the thermal capri Bracelayer. We havea deal through the CSIA for them. She also wears an ACL brace to ski. She found they bunched up behind her knee, but that was the leg with the brace. I tried hers on for size, but I don't know. They are not cheap even with our pro deal.

BuckLup

Certified Ski Diva
Bracelayer seems to be pricing out at $87 USD for knee support compression 3/4. Am sure the CWX will end up between $100-$150. The alpine thermal ones, 3/4 length are $94. Those would be comparable to CWX insulator ones, am guessing.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
They are not cheap even with our pro deal.
Agreed, compression tights are pricey all around. As @BuckLup mentioned Bracelayer are very similar price-wise to CW-X. I was lucky to score my CW-X over the years at deep discounts. My CW-X do not move a stitch, but I don't wear them with a brace either. They are inexpensive compared to the ones I want to see if my daughter can get a script for - these are supposed to replace the need for a brace and are covered by some insurances:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly