• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
Well, a few years ago I read up on the CW-X stabilyx tights somewhere here on this forum and decided to give them a go. Since they were spendy, I asked for them for Christmas in 2017. I've worn them almost every time I've skied since. Wow what a difference. I have runner's knee and it used to bother me when I ski, not any more. I have been having a bad run with a hip and groin issue that I though for sure would keep me from the slopes, and then I dug these babies out and pulled them on and viola, I'm the bionic woman. Are you ladies seeing the same results? I "lost" them in the laundry a few weeks back and it was the worst skiing I've done in years and I ached afterward for three days. Anyone else feel the difference with these?

https://cw-x.com/product/insulator-stabilyx-tights-women/

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yes, I started wearing them years ago when I’d get sore legs anytime I sat for lunch and then went back out. People recommended them here for the issue. Have never skied without them since, such a difference!! Lots of sales to be found if you keep an eye out as well. I recently had my first pair really start to wear and bought a couple of new replacements.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just ordered a pair on Zappos to give this brand a try. It was $104.99 with free shipping. I looked on some sites with less cost but didn’t find very many sizes. If you like them it seems worth giving it a Google.

MissySki

Angel Diva
All of mine are size small per their chart, but one particular model I also have had many reviews saying to go one size up and I thankfully listened because no way would the small have worked there as the medium is very snug. Expect them to be difficult to get into though, it gets easier once you know what to expect and they are comfy once on as well.

Sparky

Angel Diva
I’ve been wearing these for as long as I can remember skiing regularly (also because of runners knee) so not sure how my knees/legs would feel if I didn’t wear them, and I’m afraid to find out! I have a few pairs each of both the regular (unlined) and insulator (lightly fleece lined, good for colder days but also more expensive), and yes they’re not cheap but you can find good deals on them. And as MissySki said, get the 3/4 length ones!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I am skiing with a 3/4 length unlined Stabilyx. I have used them since my knee replacement. Last winter when my sciatica was bothering me, I also bought a shorter pair (I don't recall the name) which supports the hip and upper leg. So now I am a double CW-X gal.

And yes, they do me a lot of good and I would feel naked without their support. I gave away all my
non-CW-x bottom base layers. Worth the steep price IMHO.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Good stuff. I first learned about these on this forum :thumbsup: - found a sale and went for it. Have been wearing for about 11 years. Only on my second pair (and the first are less supportive now but still wearable) in that length of time. If expensive, they are, IMO, definitely worth it.

Got DH a pair - he's a fan as well.

Caveat: can get QUITE warm in spring skiing temps! (the insulated version) I've resorted to some revealing parking lot hatchback stripping at the end of a warm spring skiing day. :laughter:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All of mine are size small per their chart, but one particular model I also have had many reviews saying to go one size up and I thankfully listened because no way would the small have worked there as the medium is very snug. Expect them to be difficult to get into though, it gets easier once you know what to expect and they are comfy once on as well.

And now I’m wondering if I shouldn’t have gone up a size! Oh well! If they don’t fit they go back for an exchange or refund.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No one told me getting into these would be an aerobic exercise!! They fit, no muffin top, but don't feel warm. And TIGHT. I'm deciding between returning or trying one size up to have a little more breathing room! I think if I could get the same thing without as tight around the tummy, I'd be thrilled. They do feel great on the legs.

Sparky

Angel Diva
Do they create a muffin top? I am short waisted so I encounter that with. Compression tights in general.
Ok so I think the answer to that would depend on how prone one is to muffin tops! So when I first got these prob 7-8 years ago, no muffin top at all, but now, well... :eek: maybe a little. @BlizzardBabe @MissySki @Abbi sounds like you divas are in pretty good shape!

@santacruz skier these are super cute! I almost bought some very similar if not the same on SAC last season! Perhaps I should get these but go up a size! :rotf:

mustski

Angel Diva
Ok so I think the answer to that would depend on how prone one is to muffin tops! So when I first got these prob 7-8 years ago, no muffin top at all, but now, well... :eek: maybe a little. @BlizzardBabe @MissySki @Abbi sounds like you divas are in pretty good shape!

@santacruz skier these are super cute! I almost bought some very similar if not the same on SAC last season! Perhaps I should get these but go up a size! :rotf:
It depends on how high waisted the item is. I am short waisted and need things to sit on my hip or they cut into my ribs. It sounds like these are high waisted which for me, means muffin top.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do they create a muffin top? I am short waisted so I encounter that with. Compression tights in general.
I think they do. And I don't have a huge waist, but these things make me feel like a sausage stuff into its casing. I have two pair that I never wear as a result. Both are size M, which is what I wear in everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly