• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

Sparky

Angel Diva
Yes they should look like they’re five sizes too small at first and be almost impossible to get on! But should be easier after that though still relatively snug when on. I only wear those unless it’s single digits, then I’ll wear my smartwool over them too.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
My CW-X tights are tight enough to leave marks where the targeted support web is, and definitely help with muscle pain and knee fatigue, but don't completely offset the knee discomfort from trying to put 90mm skis on edge when it's solidly icy. I wear XS in CW-X and tried the insulated alpine XS bracelayer last trip, but fit the bracelayer S better since I'm more like 116-120lb than 110-115 lb these days. I think I prefer the CW-X as I don't have an issue with the targeted support being the wrong height for me or moving, whereas the neoprene in bracelayer can get quite sweaty and feel more restrictive, but it does stay in place better as it's quite tight. I wear them as a preventative/support measure rather than due to specific injury. I always wear another layer over the top unless it's spring skiing.
That helps a lot…thanks

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I'm tall and relatively thin, and I typically wear a woman's size 12. My 3/4 Bracelayer pants are a size Large. They are nice and snug, as they should be, but the tight bands at the bottom dig into my calves and leave quite an indentation by the end of the day. The waistband also leaves its mark. I didn't wear them every day, but I was grateful for the support on long, demanding days and when my knees were bothering me.
So I just got the 3/4 Bracelayer with the knee support but they went on quite easily…did I get too big a size? How do your legs feel after a day and do they stretch out? Opinion @scandium ?

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I just got the 3/4 Bracelayer with the knee support but they went on quite easily…did I get too big a size? How do your legs feel after a day and do they stretch out? Opinion @scandium ?
I didn't feel that they stretched out significantly but have only worn mine for about a week. I most recently wore the size S on a two-day ebike ride with a short 1hr hike to a lookout and they feel firm around the knee but not restrictive. I would definitely say my legs had marks around where the neoprene interfaced with the fabric as the neoprene is tighter, but in the size S I don't quiiiite have to peel then on and off compared to the XS and there is more space for my hips without worrying about busting a seam. When I put on/take off compression gear I normally need to treat them a bit like sheer pantyhose where you don't want to pull on the fabric too much.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I didn't feel that they stretched out significantly but have only worn mine for about a week. I most recently wore the size S on a two-day ebike ride with a short 1hr hike to a lookout and they feel firm around the knee but not restrictive. I would definitely say my legs had marks around where the neoprene interfaced with the fabric as the neoprene is tighter, but in the size S I don't quiiiite have to peel then on and off compared to the XS and there is more space for my hips without worrying about busting a seam. When I put on/take off compression gear I normally need to treat them a bit like sheer pantyhose where you don't want to pull on the fabric too much.
That’s what I thought…these were easy to pull up. I just wanted them comfortable on my stomach and over my gallbladder etc. I like them so I’m keeping them. Thanks!

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Mine are coming this week! I ordered XS as I'm around 105 lbs, hope I don't regret that...
Let me know how you like them. I’m just keeping the bigger ones and hoping they don’t stretch out. I don’t feel too much compression but until my gallbladder comes out I don’t want a tight waist.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I'm tall and relatively thin, and I typically wear a woman's size 12. My 3/4 Bracelayer pants are a size Large. They are nice and snug, as they should be, but the tight bands at the bottom dig into my calves and leave quite an indentation by the end of the day. The waistband also leaves its mark. I didn't wear them every day, but I was grateful for the support on long, demanding days and when my knees were bothering me.
I like the waist on the Bracelayer but I should have gotten a smaller size as these are quite big. I hate the waist on my CWX STABALIX.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I love my CWX -yes they're like putting 'doll' clothes on the first few times, gets better with use. I did get the endurance model of them they are very very tight and were too warm. Only on sub zero days I'll put my icebreakers on top of the CWX- usually they are my under layer alone.
I hate the waist on the CWX. Sadly, I bought too large of Bracelayer but they are warm and comfy..like the waist a lot. I hope they still work even though they are big.

SparkleBunny

Certified Ski Diva
I'm also not a fan of too tight waist, but as I bought them for hip support due to a prior injury, I can't really have that area be not tight. Hopefully it will be bearable!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm also not a fan of too tight waist, but as I bought them for hip support due to a prior injury, I can't really have that area be not tight. Hopefully it will be bearable!
I'm interested to hear b/c I bought and returned the CW-X boot length tights in an XS (same approx size as you) and hated that I had so much trouble putting on and taking off. I have to pee way too much at altitude to deal with that.

SparkleBunny

Certified Ski Diva
I got them in yesterday. When I first took them out, I thought they looked way too small, but after I got them on, they actually felt really good. I think xs was the right size for me, I image an s would have been too loose to do the job it's supposed to.

I didn't mind the waist so much because it rides pretty high on me, to the narrowest point on my waist, although I'm not sure if it's a little short in the leg because my kneecaps don't go in the knee hole in the pattern if that makes sense (I got the black and white stripe one in the 3/4 length). But since I got it for hip support, that doesn't matter as much to me.

Overall, glad I got this size, they feel good, and can't wait to take them out for a test run soon.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'm interested to hear b/c I bought and returned the CW-X boot length tights in an XS (same approx size as you) and hated that I had so much trouble putting on and taking off. I have to pee way too much at altitude to deal with that.
They do get better over time, I can pull mine up and down very quickly now even though they are still compressive. And maybe we also get better at shimmying on and off. :rotf:

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
Update: Contacted the company again late November. Below is their response on 11/29/21. I rely on my Insulator Stabilyx 3/4 tights like you wouldn't believe. Worth the sweat getting into them. Have Endurance 3/4 tights (not insulated) but prefer the Insulator ones and only use 3/4 length for skiing.

"Thanks for reaching out to CW-X! We have not received the Insulator 3/4 Tights in stock yet, we are expecting it to arrive within 2 weeks and stock will be extremely limited. We recommend signing up for our emails as we'll announce it when it arrives."

I am on their email list and still no notice of them coming in yet. Gave my old ones to my daughter because 30 lbs ago, they were great but holy hell, not now! If you're old enough to have watched the show "Emergency" (mid 70's, Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe starred) and can remember the funny episode with the woman who couldn't breathe and they had to cut the too tight girdle off of her..I almost recreated that scene in my van last March with my poor hubby starring as the EMT! It was clearly time to size up, so am waiting patiently to replace them.
How do you find the waist on them? On the stabilyx they dig in, but are a bit loose in the legs. Not much support and now I’m looking at endurance

ride_ski

Angel Diva
I just bought CW-X stabilizer and ordered bracelayer. Do you really feel they help? Do you just wear them as your base layer or do you pull on smartwool etc over too? They don’t feel that tight, except in my covid waist. Lol
Sorry I just saw this one. I have both the insulated and non- insulated versions. Before I had the insulated version, I would wear another layer on top if it was really cold. Now I typically only wear the insulated layer with nothing on top.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
They do get better over time, I can pull mine up and down very quickly now even though they are still compressive. And maybe we also get better at shimmying on and off. :rotf:
I just got the endurance generator ones WAY tighter to get on over the hips, but not a problem...unless I have to pee quickly. Lol I wish the waist was wider like the bracelayer ones. I'm still wondering if they actually do anything....

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I found the sizing generous….just keep that in mind. They don’t do much for me…again they are probably too large. They are nice and warm under ski pants.

SparkleBunny

Certified Ski Diva
I wore my 3/4 Stabilyx this weekend for 2 days, and I think they really did help! My thighs seemed less sore even though it was my first weekend skiing, and my hip didn't feel irritated. Really excited to keep using these throughout the season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna