• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Stabilyx Women's Insulator Tights

newboots

Angel Diva
Those Stoko braces/baselayers certainly are expensive! I’m glad they may qualify as medical devices!

ESGCO

Certified Ski Diva
I'm curious about the waist fit-- I had a pair previously and even though I was quite small, wearing a size small, the waist was always a bit snug since I have little definition. (rectangle bod here) Is the waist still the 1" or so very strong elastic, or has it relaxed at all from previous years?

RoseSki

Certified Ski Diva
I'm curious about the waist fit-- I had a pair previously and even though I was quite small, wearing a size small, the waist was always a bit snug since I have little definition. (rectangle bod here) Is the waist still the 1" or so very strong elastic, or has it relaxed at all from previous years?
I can't speak to earlier versions b/c this is my first pair, but in my new pair of Endurance Insulator (size M), yes, the waistband is about 1in of slightly felted material with the drawstring inside. The waist width in size M is 13in (26in circumference) laid flat, and ~14.5in (29in circumference) when I try to pull the elastic a bit. So in my opinion, yes to strong elastic.

Also when I tried them on I found the waist comfortable, because the waist is high enough not to dig into the wider part of my hips, but it did roll down a little in front when I bent from the waist. I'm in the process of losing some pandemic weight, and I'm guessing the waistband won't do that about 5lbs from now.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I just got Bracelayer insulated compression tights (¾ length, so don't overlap ski boots) and skied with them for the first time today. Really liked them! Anyone else tried them?
I want to try these. How did you find the sizing? My Stabilyx are all M so assuming I am a M with these as well, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has them.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I want to try these. How did you find the sizing? My Stabilyx are all M so assuming I am a M with these as well, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has them.

I just bought these in a M and will let you know about the sizing.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I just bought these in a M and will let you know about the sizing.

The M fits me well...or at least it will when my right leg is less swollen. I can tell that it's the correct size. I also wore M in Opedix and CW-X.

I think that these will provide excellent support for my knee, lower leg, my ITB and my hips. I frequently had issues with the other brands because their targeted support areas did not line up properly with my anatomy. For example, the knee support area would start out on my knee but would drift down since my legs are shorter than normal.

These seem better but it will be a while before I can try them out. If anyone sees them advertised on sale I might consider buying a non-insulated 3/4 length pair at a good price.

Whether I will also wear a brace is TBD.

VTsnowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm tall and relatively thin, and I typically wear a woman's size 12. My 3/4 Bracelayer pants are a size Large. They are nice and snug, as they should be, but the tight bands at the bottom dig into my calves and leave quite an indentation by the end of the day. The waistband also leaves its mark. I didn't wear them every day, but I was grateful for the support on long, demanding days and when my knees were bothering me.

skinnyfootskis

Angel Diva
I have also been wearing these for quite a few years and couldn't imagine skiing without them. I have both insulated and non-insulated versions.
I just bought CW-X stabilizer and ordered bracelayer. Do you really feel they help? Do you just wear them as your base layer or do you pull on smartwool etc over too? They don’t feel that tight, except in my covid waist. Lol

MissySki

Angel Diva
I just bought CW-X stabilizer and ordered bracelayer. Do you really feel they help? Do you just wear them as your base layer or do you pull on smartwool etc over too? They don’t feel that tight, except in my covid waist. Lol
Sizing may not be right if they don’t feel tight new. I felt like I could barely get into mind when I first started wearing them years ago lol. But maybe that was just me. I use mine as a baselayer, but when it’s colder I’ll add midlayer(s) as appropriate depending on whether I’m wearing shell or insulated pants etc.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The M fits me well...or at least it will when my right leg is less swollen. I can tell that it's the correct size. I also wore M in Opedix and CW-X.

I think that these will provide excellent support for my knee, lower leg, my ITB and my hips. I frequently had issues with the other brands because their targeted support areas did not line up properly with my anatomy. For example, the knee support area would start out on my knee but would drift down since my legs are shorter than normal.

These seem better but it will be a while before I can try them out. If anyone sees them advertised on sale I might consider buying a non-insulated 3/4 length pair at a good price.

Whether I will also wear a brace is TBD.

I have to correct my post. Even after the swelling came down the M Bracelayer was too small for me. I wear size 8 shorts, size 10 long pants, and I had to purchase a Large.

Which reminds me...I still have the Medium and would love to sell it for a good price. Please message me if interested.

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My CW-X tights are tight enough to leave marks where the targeted support web is, and definitely help with muscle pain and knee fatigue, but don't completely offset the knee discomfort from trying to put 90mm skis on edge when it's solidly icy. I wear XS in CW-X and tried the insulated alpine XS bracelayer last trip, but fit the bracelayer S better since I'm more like 116-120lb than 110-115 lb these days. I think I prefer the CW-X as I don't have an issue with the targeted support being the wrong height for me or moving, whereas the neoprene in bracelayer can get quite sweaty and feel more restrictive, but it does stay in place better as it's quite tight. I wear them as a preventative/support measure rather than due to specific injury. I always wear another layer over the top unless it's spring skiing.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I bought CW-X 3/4 tights on line in an extra small. I couldn't stand them and could barely get them off. Returned and thought "not for me." And I'm quite petite and lightweight.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my CWX -yes they're like putting 'doll' clothes on the first few times, gets better with use. I did get the endurance model of them they are very very tight and were too warm. Only on sub zero days I'll put my icebreakers on top of the CWX- usually they are my under layer alone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly