• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring skiing - Snowbird/Alta or Solitude??

Jfrost353

Diva in Training
Looking at one last solo ski trip next weekend and considering Snowbird/Alta and Solitude. I'm a strong intermediate skier, but tend to avoid the steep stuff, especially when travelling solo. I've also never skied a closing weekend (Solitude's closing weekend is April 17-18, when I'd plan on being there) Any thoughts/favorites between the two options? Will probably be staying on the mountain for the weekend, and then doing some remote work Friday/Monday in SLC.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Looking at one last solo ski trip next weekend and considering Snowbird/Alta and Solitude. I'm a strong intermediate skier, but tend to avoid the steep stuff, especially when travelling solo. I've also never skied a closing weekend (Solitude's closing weekend is April 17-18, when I'd plan on being there) Any thoughts/favorites between the two options? Will probably be staying on the mountain for the weekend, and then doing some remote work Friday/Monday in SLC.
Welcome! You can't see it yet, but there is a thread with a list of when Divas are at Alta between now and April 17. I arrived at Alta Lodge on April 3 for my usual late season stay to meet up with friends, old and new.

Here's my trip report:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-alta-in-april-2021.25755/

Send me a PM if you decide to ski Alta. We're going to Solitude on April 11 but will be skiing Alta/Snowbird after that. Closing day for 7-day operations at Alta is April 18. Snowbird will stay open longer but with limited terrain/lifts open per usual.

newboots

Angel Diva
Hey @Jfrost353 ! I see you are new here! We are happy to have you. I hope you can get in that last ski trip. Up here in New England, it's looking less and less likely.

:welcome:

Jfrost353

Diva in Training
Hey @Jfrost353 ! I see you are new here! We are happy to have you. I hope you can get in that last ski trip. Up here in New England, it's looking less and less likely.

:welcome:
Thank you! I live in KY (but grew up in CA skiing out west) but had an epic trip out to Whitefish a few weeks ago and the ski bug has hit hard again. Still waiting to pull the trigger but it'll be Snowbird or Solitude at this point I think.

Jfrost353

Diva in Training
Welcome! You can't see it yet, but there is a thread with a list of when Divas are at Alta between now and April 17. I arrived at Alta Lodge on April 3 for my usual late season stay to meet up with friends, old and new.

Here's my trip report:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/tr-alta-in-april-2021.25755/

Send me a PM if you decide to ski Alta. We're going to Solitude on April 11 but will be skiing Alta/Snowbird after that. Closing day for 7-day operations at Alta is April 18. Snowbird will stay open longer but with limited terrain/lifts open per usual.
Thank you! Definitely helpful. Hoping to pull the trigger today and decide between Solitude and Snowbird/Alta....It's been close to 80 all week here in KY and I need one last snow trip before committing to spring/summer hiking

marzNC

Angel Diva
Thank you! Definitely helpful. Hoping to pull the trigger today and decide between Solitude and Snowbird/Alta....It's been close to 80 all week here in KY and I need one last snow trip before committing to spring/summer hiking
We skied Solitude and Brighton today. Both are in pretty good shape but it's clear it's a low snow year. Had to keep an eye out for rocks even on a few groomers at Brighton.

Coverage at Alta and Snowbird is pretty good overall.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna