• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring skiing blues

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here at Copper Mountain today...snow is actually pretty decent on upper and mid mountain until about 2...very slushy at bottom...skied thru a small pond on my way to Super Bee lift.

It was a great day...skied in my lightweight Eddie Bauer vest, base layer and light pants...lots of young ladies skiing in their sports bras...felt so free to ski with minimal outerwear, feeling the wind blow thru me...bluebird day, not a cloud in that azure blue Colorado sky, with magnificent views...55 degrees...had that beer on the deck...made me feel happy to be alive.

It was a nice reprieve from my tough gardening business schedule this week...

I blasted down Andys Encore all day..thinking about trying my first black run tomorrow morning. (Rossi s Run)

Jenny

Angel Diva
..lots of young ladies skiing in their sports bras...felt so free to ski with minimal outerwear, feeling the wind blow thru me...bluebird day, not a cloud in that azure blue Colorado sky
Not young anymore, wouldn't have done it then anyway (even if I HAD been skiing then, which I wasn't) but all I can think of is the amount of sunscreen I would need!

Christy

Angel Diva
It would have to be above 90 degrees for me to start thinking about wearing only a sports bra, especially given the breeze you feel when in motion sliding down a hill. I'd also need one that wasn't old and ratty.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't expose skin to snow. Especially abrasive spring snow.

It's barely possible that I will change my mind one Mother's Day at A Basin, but I haven't yet.

vetski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
..lots of young ladies skiing in their sports bras...

We were at Copper today too and saw plenty of morons skiing in shorts and whatnot. I feel like these idiots must not mind the notion of their epidermis being removed from their bodies in rapid fashion. :crazy:

Jenny

Angel Diva
We were at Copper today too and saw plenty of morons skiing in shorts and whatnot. I feel like these idiots must not mind the notion of their epidermis being removed from their bodies in rapid fashion. :crazy:
And the thought of it happening AFTER the sunburn is extra shudder-inducing.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everything today at Killington started out soft and then progressed to some puddles on the lowest slopes. Some crevasses opened on one trail I skied but considering how warm it was this past week, the coverage was great. Lots of soft slush bumps.
It was pond skimming day so I watched some people go--it got really rutted up toward the bottom near the pond entry and some people wiped out and didn't even make it into the pond.
I'm now done for the season. Once it starts to get really sticky and we reach the point where puddles will form on the snow I call it a season.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I feel crappy this weekend, so I can't seem to motivate to drive up. I'm really hoping to feel better for next weekend - Breck's closing weekend.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Everything today at Killington started out soft and then progressed to some puddles on the lowest slopes. Some crevasses opened on one trail I skied but considering how warm it was this past week, the coverage was great. Lots of soft slush bumps.
It was pond skimming day so I watched some people go--it got really rutted up toward the bottom near the pond entry and some people wiped out and didn't even make it into the pond.
I'm now done for the season. Once it starts to get really sticky and we reach the point where puddles will form on the snow I call it a season.

I was at Killington yesterday, too. Watching people hit that hairpin turn right before the pond was brutal. It was a great day; I have the week off and was making the most of my time skiing first chair to last. Then I'd come home exhausted and fall asleep on the couch. Worth it. But like you, yesterday was my last of the NE season. I like soft spring snow, but Mountain bike trails are open and I'd rather hike and bike than ski in true, watery slush.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I ski in shorts every summer, and I even fell last year. You generally fall on the part of you that's covered, ie hips. Unless your skis come off, it's almost physically impossible to get too much leg involved. I mean, I guess you could penguin slide and get your thighs, but I still feel like you would be more on your belly/hips than legs. Dunno.

It's awesome, though, skiing in shorts! Refreshing. And skinning in summer is definitely better that way.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just remember seeing a friend's hand after he fell playing paintball. His hand went down on a tiny patch of granular snow, and his hand was shredded. More power to you in shorts!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Um, all you cyclists out there?? I'm way more scared of falling off my bike than off my skis, let's just put it that way.

I've fallen on skis way more often than I've truly fallen off my bike. Honestly, dirt is not as abrasive as snow. But again, I don't mind you skiing in shorts, as long as you don't make me do it, too ;-)

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My mountain bike crashes have cause huge bruises, and a little abrasion when I've landed around rocks. The very few (luckily) road bike crashes have caused awful road rash. Skiing crashes have caused awful bruises, chest wall injury, and mild snow rash on my face (when I face planted a few weeks ago). I've never skied in shorts, but may try it at Squaw in June!

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't care, one bit; I just don't think people who do it are "idiots." Especially when it's not all that different than bicycles.

Ah! Okay. I'm not the one who said that, so I'll step back.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly