• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring skiing blues

Christy

Angel Diva
Boy did I just have some spring conditions at Sun Valley. Saturday afternoon, a real mix of hard scoured areas, very soft piles turning to slush toward the end of day, and a few nice spots. Sunday, nice in the morning up top, scoured on the north facing runs, but got very soft after lunch. Monday, really, really nice on most of the mountain in the morning but the afternoon got really soft lower down--the run out to the base was thick deep nasty slush. But it was sunny and nice (forecast called for some rain which luckily didn't happen) and I don't mind quitting early and heading to the hot pool. :smile:

17620088_10212144232827240_2716370764015793496_o.jpg

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Breck's getting a sprinkling (or more!) of snow throughout the week, and it'll be pretty heavy, so it should nicely cover the frozen mess, stick, and be ready for me to ski on Saturday. That'll be a lot more fun than the conditions we've had.

Christy

Angel Diva
Yeah luckily SV got 4" Friday night and 1" Sunday night--not a ton but I think it would have been a lot worse without that.

I missed 18" over the weekend at Crystal. Spring doesn't really start until May in the WA Cascades.

newboots

Angel Diva
I'm headed to Waterville Valley (NH) on the weekend. They've got 8" predicted for Friday. AND the Annual April Fool's Day Luau & Pond-Skimming Contest. You may remember that I discovered late that the $1 April Fools Day tickets are actually for 3/31. I manifested my best outrage, and we got tickets for Saturday about half price. So we're going!

You'll most likely be relieved to know I'm not planning any pond skimming. I think I'll leave it for the younger crowd.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You'll most likely be relieved to know I'm not planning any pond skimming.

We have some ladies here who've done it. It scares me, and I don't have any skis I would be willing to leave in the bottom of the drink to rust until the snow melts.

newboots

Angel Diva
I suppose you're supposed to get somebody's really over-used rock skis. But I have enough challenges on the snow!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Copper got 2" over night with 2 more this morning. We skied in snow all afternoon. Bottom was firm with some freezing and thawing. However, we skied off of Sierra lift at the top and the conditions were good. Bumps were soft with little crust underneath.

Driving home we had heavy snow with poor visibility. I-70 E closed at Silverthorne due to numerous accidents and cars sliding off the highway.

Snow totals tonight could reach 10" in some areas. Skied the Rossi Saffron 7's and they performed beautifully. Tomorrow should be a good day.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were at Monarch, I swear I'm going to try other mountains next year, they got maybe 4 inches. It was great at the top (I had the first run, woohoo!). Once you got most of the way down, at 11 or so it was slush. But I'm excited, there is supposed to be a huge storm on Friday and Saturday, I'm considering going back up on Sunday.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
I'm headed to Waterville Valley (NH) on the weekend. They've got 8" predicted for Friday. AND the Annual April Fool's Day Luau & Pond-Skimming Contest. You may remember that I discovered late that the $1 April Fools Day tickets are actually for 3/31. I manifested my best outrage, and we got tickets for Saturday about half price. So we're going!

You'll most likely be relieved to know I'm not planning any pond skimming. I think I'll leave it for the younger crowd.

Smart Girl!!!
Have a blast this weekend!

Christy

Angel Diva
I guess I'm getting a little antsy for real spring stuff. Crystal sounds good this weekend--they've had 3 feet in the past 2 weeks, and snow tonight and tomorrow, and it's still cold up there. But I'm itching to get out in the garden, and I have Mariners tickets for both tomorrow night and Sunday day. It might be the last good weekend of skiing (then again it might not) so I'm trying to rally but I dunno.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm skipping this weekend even though I have three days off. I worked three 12 hour days, so my body is tired. I've spent so much time in Tahoe this season that my house and yard are a wreck, and need my attention. And lastly, I think this weekend is the last weekend of Spring Breaks! I'm sad to miss today, because it's probably an awesome bluebird powder day, but I'll go next week when the crowds should be gone.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm conflicted. On the one hand, two more weekends before Breck closes. On the other hand, it's gorgeous down here, and I've been under the weather anyway. Gardening and mountain biking both sound lovely. I haven't slept well in a week.

Yeah, so, definitely staying home. But feeling conflicted.

Christy

Angel Diva
I would if there was no drive. That's where I think, ugh, what a waste of time. Ahh to live right at the mountain and just go for a couple hours then tend my garden, walk my dog and go watch baseball. (In this dream Crystal is in my neighborhood in my city with a major league baseball team, but there's still no crowds).

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would if there was no drive. That's where I think, ugh, what a waste of time. Ahh to live right at the mountain and just go for a couple hours then tend my garden, walk my dog and go watch baseball. (In this dream Crystal is in my neighborhood in my city with a major league baseball team, but there's still no crowds).
How far is it?

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've heard good things about Crystal Mountain. The closest resort to me is Sugar Bowl, about 1:45; but I really like Squaw/Alpine, about 2:15. I used to be able to do the day trips, but I've gotten spoiled and have a hard time motivating for those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna