• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sparking joy?

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I watched the first episode of this yesterday. I read the book a few months ago and found it quite good and have become a devotee of her folding method. However I wasn’t quite convinced by the show. The house wasn’t that untidy to begin with and I couldn’t see what would keep them from lapsing back into untidiness. It also kind of felt like the husband was complaining that his wife didn’t keep the place tidy enough when they had 2 small kids and tidiness seemed to more his priority than hers. I am probably also projecting my own dissatisfaction at my own untidiness on to this.

What’s more, I live in a really small house. Anyone who is complaining that their kids’ playroom is a mess is getting no sympathy from me. Their living room was tidy. Close the door on the playroom. Out of sight, out of mind. Every space in my house has something in it and I have thrown out mountains of stuff.

I am going to enlist my kids into folding their clothes, though.

Christy

Angel Diva
I am already a minimalist but this thread inspired me to try to organize and tidy our little linen closet. I'm not a good folder so the closet looks a mess. I rolled the towels and that was all good, but I've come to the conclusion that it is sheer folly to try to fold a fitted sheet. I watched 2 videos multiple times then had my husband do the same and our conclusion is that there is black magic at work in those videos. Who can fold a fitted sheet properly???

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I watched the first 3 episodes. Re-folded all my shirts the same night. Never looking back now, they all fit and the drawer closes!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG you guys me too! I watched through ep 3 so far, 2 and 3 were waaaay better than 1. I also refolded all my clothes and all the kids clothes, and we have so much more room now I might even be able to fit my husband's clothes in my dresser instead of in random piles in the closet where they are right now!

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The folding is amazing, isn’t it? I read the book a few months ago before I moved house. I think the folding method has actually saved my sanity. I have very little drawer space but I have still managed to get everything to fit.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So I watched a few more episodes and it is very good. I could particularly relate to the family in episode 3 who had moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bed apartment! Oddly, it’s made me feel a lot better about our own mess now. Not in a smug way, but because I cleared out loads of stuff before we moved and I could see how much I had already achieved. And it is an achievement. Another useful reminder that I should silence the inner critic and enjoy “good enough.”

Christy

Angel Diva
I watched a couple episodes lat night and got inspired to organize my kitchen drawers today. It was very satisfying. I think I am generally minimalist /anti-clutter but I found seven bottle openers and 6 corkscrews. What episodes show her clothes folding techniques? I was skipping around since people said that the first one wasn't very good. I did see the one where she shows how she stores bras.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who can fold a fitted sheet properly???
I used to have a roommate who's ex-husband taught her a technique to fold fitted sheets beautifully, but it required two people to do it. He learned it in the military.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fitted sheets are where I give up. I do like her method of rolling towels, though. I have the linen closet from hell and it has improved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly