• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

South Lake Tahoe question/boots

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi Divas! It’s been a while! I got the Salomon s max boot last year and they were snug- but in the snug way I like boots, but almost a little too snug. They are heat moldable, so that is prob all that needs to be done to them to make them perfect. Thing is, I’m going to Tahoe Sunday and would love to get it done out there (or do it at home myself if u divas think I should just go for it) So, I guess my question is two fold- should I just do it myself? Has anyone here here molded their own Salomon’s. Two, do I recommend any particular shop to do this? I’m not looking to get new boots- just make these
Ones a little more tolerable- they don’t feel terrible, but they def constrict my circulation - and supposedly blood flow is a good thing . Thanks in advance!

UrFriendlyBootfitter

Diva in Training
I would for sure recommend that you go into a shop. The ovens used to mold those custom shell boots usually only go to about 80 degrees Celsius. But it is a bit of a process. If you have problems with your boots, chances are the problems will get worse once you ski on it. With that being said, the heat mold is not always necessary, and sometimes you just have to get used to the snugness of a new boot.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I agree snug is good, but I wear a size 10 shoe and size down to a 25.5 boot )even tho 265 is what a measure because I’m always told, u can make a small boot bigger, but can’t make a big foot smaller. Just finding these a little too small - so hopefully the heat mold will be a good remedy. Powder house is right at the base it looks
Like. Anyone have experience with them?

UrFriendlyBootfitter

Diva in Training
No experience with them but that boot is very workable and I wouldn’t imagine it would be too hard to give you some more room in the toe box. Even being you’re in a performance fit.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah, I agree snug is good, but I wear a size 10 shoe and size down to a 25.5 boot )even tho 265 is what a measure because I’m always told, u can make a small boot bigger, but can’t make a big foot smaller. Just finding these a little too small - so hopefully the heat mold will be a good remedy. Powder house is right at the base it looks
Like. Anyone have experience with them?
Powderhouse has a specific boot/ski demo shop. They are next to Patagonia store. Check with them as they used to have a highly regarded bootfitters at their shop near Ski Run Blvd.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went to powderhouse and they told me they dont do Salomon and suggested I go to Tahoe sports Limited. Anyway. the guys in there were SOOOOOOOOOO nice. Patrick stretched my liners at the big toe, He told me to try that and if still too tight to go back next day and he'd stretch shell. He did not want to put shell in oven bc he thought it would stretch it in areas it shouldn't be stretched. Just the liner bump out helped immensely. I will stick w that for a while and se how it goes. Leo, another exceptionally nice guy, listened to my daughter and addressed her needs- she had both liner and shell stretched. They could not have been kinder or listened any better to what we were saying

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna