• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Some New Forum Features For You To Enjoy

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
It does when I'm on my ipad using safari. I would guess it's IE as well. Just like I can't use flash with apple, all companies have their vices. :(

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
I just tried IE 11, no problems. I usually use Chrome as my browser. At the office things are so old I can't access SD on IE, have to use Chrome.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
there is no toolbar. IE...I know I know, but hubby is a computer nerd of the highest degree and says they are ALL instable and susceptible to attack and that cnet releases bad reviews about them because they are on the outs with Microsoft. And I'm not allowed to change it as he feels it is the fastest.
Silly hubby. Firefox rarely crashed when I had almost no memory, and with my new big-boy RAM it's solid as a rock, with all the memory-hogging privacy and security add-ons happily humming along. I don't much like Chrome's feel because I've used Firefox forever, but it's certainly fast and smooth, as is Safari. And just from reading developer notes about compatibility, I think you're more likely to find more websites that are fully functional in Chrome and Firefox than IE.

So I guess you'll have to stick with the iPad for Ski Diva-ing.

BTW, if you can figure out the HTML code for your favorite smilies, you could jot it down for use when you're on the PC. On my Mac I just hover the mouse over a smilie and the HTML code pops up, but I don't know if that would work on an iPad. Maybe someone has a list of smilie codes...?

abc

Banned
This is a minor grip. But I'm use to the short-hand smileys, you know, like :smile:, :D, :(. I'm not typing some 4 letter words to get a smiley. :(

This is the only forum I'm on that doesn't support the "traditional" smiley. So I just use them plain. Some people can interprete it (internet old timers). Others simply ignore them as gribberish. It's fine by me.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is a minor grip. But I'm use to the short-hand smileys, you know, like :smile:, :D, :(. I'm not typing some 4 letter words to get a smiley. :(

This is the only forum I'm on that doesn't support the "traditional" smiley. So I just use them plain. Some people can interprete it (internet old timers). Others simply ignore them as gribberish. It's fine by me.

Most of us can use the drop down menu. Or there's always copy and paste. :smile:

abc

Banned
Most of us can use the drop down menu. Or there's always copy and paste. :smile:
But it's so much faster to just type the ones I know than having to go to the drop down box, scroll through them to find the one that I want... it also distract from the thought process. So I either post first and go back to insert the smiley, or just not bother with them.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
abc, some definitely work. I regularly use the old character sets like ; ) (wink) and : D (becky) (minus the spaces, of course) when I'm on my phone, and I bet there are a lot more you could use. Why don't you put a bunch of them in a reply to see which ones work?

abc

Banned
abc, some definitely work. I regularly use the old character sets like ; ) (wink) and : D (becky) (minus the spaces, of course) when I'm on my phone, and I bet there are a lot more you could use. Why don't you put a bunch of them in a reply to see which ones work?
erh... I did, in my first post

Only :smile: works

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a really minor smiley gripe after the change-over. No matter where my cursor is, when I choose a smiley it ALWAYS ends up at the beginning of the paragraph. I end up having to drag it to where I want it, now. Ergh. Not a biggie, just irksome.

Using latest Firefox on Vista.

abc

Banned
I have a really minor smiley gripe after the change-over. No matter where my cursor is, when I choose a smiley it ALWAYS ends up at the beginning of the paragraph. I end up having to drag it to where I want it, now. Ergh. Not a biggie, just irksome.

Using latest Firefox on Vista.
Same problem for me too. Firefox or IE.

Yet another reason why I prefer to just type them, for those that works that is(just 1).

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
TESTING the strike through. Cool, I didn't know about that drop-down list.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As long as this thread has been revived, I've got another minor smiley gripe. I might have posted it before, but I figure what the heck, I might as well write it again.

In the lines of smileys in the smiley window, many of them are so crowded together that it takes a while to find the ones that I don't use every day, especially if a smaller/shorter one is between bigger/taller/animated smileys. I often have my finger along a line of smileys to pick out the one I'm looking for. It takes about as long to pull up the BB code list and find the one I want.

You mentioned a drop down menu--did you mean there's a drop down for smileys, or just the window that comes up when you click the happy face on the menu bar?

Anyhow, it's probably something you can't do anything about, but I figured I might as well post it in case you get the option to add a vertical drop-down from the menu bar. The design of the one on epicski.com is also very easy to navigate, if you had that option instead. It also has the virtue of closing automatically once you choose a smiley.

Okay, back to the usual business!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna