• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Some New Forum Features For You To Enjoy

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve just updated the forum software, and we have some pretty cool new features I thought you should know about.

1) We have a new item in the post box toolbar: There's a dropdown menu for quote, spoiler, code, and strike-thru.

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 3.01.23 PM.png
The spoiler code is new; more on that below.

2) We now have a spoiler code: If you’re posting something you don’t want to reveal (for example, the ending of a book or movie or something similar), you can now surround it with a spoiler tag that obscures the text. A specific action is required to make it show.

For example:

Darth Vader is Luke's father.

3) We've improved the quote system: Before, you had to hit “Reply” for each post you wanted to quote. Now, on the bottom right of each post, you’ll see "+Quote." This lets you cite multiple quotes from multiple threads and sections of the forum. Just click "+Quote" for every quote you want to use in your thread. Once you’re done selecting, click the “insert quotes” bar that'll appear in your reply box. You’ll then see a pop-up box containing all the quotes you’ve selected, ordered according to the dates on which they were posted. You can remove a quote by clicking “Remove,” or you can re-order them by dragging a quote to where you want it to be. Once you’re happy with the order, click “Quote these messages,” and they all get added to your post in one big bank.

4) The smilies are better organized: The smilies have now been put into categories beneath the reply box. Click the smilie icon in the edit bar and you'll see. For happy smilies, hit the happy tab. For Angry/Frustated smilies, hit that tab. And so on. I think this is better than the huge group of smilies we had to wade through before.

Screen Shot 2014-03-19 at 3.52.28 PM.png

Hope these make your forum experience a little bit better.

Just a note: As you know, I don’t charge anyone to use the site. But if you could find it in your heart to contribute to offset my software and server expenses, I’d greatly appreciate it. In return, you'll be given Angel Diva status. Plus you'll have my undying gratitude. Go here for more information.

Last edited:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice! I have already used the quote feature today, and it's a lot more intuitive for multiple quotes. (Does it work across multiple pages? It must.) Although it's an extra step for a single quote, I think ... can't please everyone ... and I love the spoiler feature.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice! I have already used the quote feature today, and it's a lot more intuitive for multiple quotes. (Does it work across multiple pages? It must.) Although it's an extra step for a single quote, I think ... can't please everyone ... and I love the spoiler feature.

Oh, duh - "Reply" :doh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Nice! And thanks. The multi-quote feature is a great addition, one that I'll surely use - and got a preview of it the other day when going to quote someone. Also noted the smiley organization.

Come on, members, be an Angel Diva. :becky:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I LOVE the multi-quote feature; I've been hitting 'quote' by a post, cutting the quote out of the box, opening a text document, pasting the quote in, then if I find something else I want to quote, do the same thing...this will be SO much easier!!

And I can't tell you how many times I've run my finger across the rows and rows of crowded-together smilies--like, I know there's a racer running gates somewhere in here!! Today I thought we'd exchanged the multi-quote function for fewer icons until I noticed the tabs. Really, it's brilliant!

Time to open my wallet, too. You do a great job in so many ways, Wendy, and I'm thinking you don't exactly rake in tons of dough through theskidiva.com. :laughter:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jenny, does tapatalk support smilies now?
It doesn't look like it. I suspect that's Tapatalk's limitation.

That being said, I try to adapt to this sort of frustration, so I've taught myself the code for the more common smilies, which is basically the name of the smilie surrounded by colons. Hover over the image on a PC and two bits of text pop up:

:banana: = "banana" = ": banana :" (I stuck spaces between the colons and the word; omit the spaces when you type the code). You won't be able to see the image in your draft, but it'll show up when you submit the post.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One weird thing about Tapatalk is that sometimes it turns a certain character combo (not sure which) into a lady with an Afro. Very confusing and possibly slightly racist? Or maybe it's racist for me to think it's racist? Meh.

Overall though, this forum integrates really well with Tapatalk. That's in contrast to the other forum I frequent, Escape Artists, where Tapatalk frequently fails to load a post, and occasionally just dies entirely. Then again, their forum software is pretty miserable even on the web.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
That IS weird. So when you click on the smiley icon in the tool bar, you're not getting the smileys below the reply box? Are they showing up anywhere? What browser are you using?

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
there is no toolbar. IE...I know I know, but hubby is a computer nerd of the highest degree and says they are ALL instable and susceptible to attack and that cnet releases bad reviews about them because they are on the outs with Microsoft. And I'm not allowed to change it as he feels it is the fastest.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh (IE). He's probably right, but Explorer has all sorts of other problems, too.

SO -- your reply box has nothing above it. Nothing that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 3.12.04 PM.png

Which is totally weird. I have to think it's your browser.

Does anyone else have that problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna