• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Some Alta questions

abc

Banned
I've never skied Alta. I need to fix that.
For those living in region with plenty of snow, it's hard to think about going somewhere ELSE to ski!

How many bother to go skiing in Europe? Or Canada for that matter? Sure, once you went, you wonder why you had waited so long. But to be honest, traveling to ski is a pain in the butt. So, unless you actually enjoy travelling and like to see and ski different snow, different terrain, don't beat yourself up too much. Life is too short to go "sampling", aka wild goose chase! Best to enjoy what you got, THOROUGHLY.

And she who wrote the above, travels to ski. But that's only because the snow here kind of sucks.

altagirl

Staff member
For those living in region with plenty of snow, it's hard to think about going somewhere ELSE to ski!

How many bother to go skiing in Europe? Or Canada for that matter? Sure, once you went, you wonder why you had waited so long. But to be honest, traveling to ski is a pain in the butt. So, unless you actually enjoy travelling and like to see and ski different snow, different terrain, don't beat yourself up too much. Life is too short to go "sampling", aka wild goose chase! Best to enjoy what you got, THOROUGHLY.

And she who wrote the above, travels to ski. But that's only because the snow here kind of sucks.

I STILL have not been to Jackson Hole to ski, and it's not a bad drive to get there... So yeah.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Great! I'll be touch closer to April so we can meet up at some point.
this is starting to sound like a mini Diva West ... hmmmmm
Not nearly as organized as a Diva West. Last April I met several EpicSki Bears in person for the first time who were at Alta/Snowbird for late season trips. There were other Bears around as well. LCC is a good place to be in April. I had a good time giving a family from NY a little tour of Alta, including going back over to Snowbird via Mineral Basin since they were staying there. Also skied with litterbug, who was nice enough to give me a ride from the airport to Alta Lodge when I arrived.

vickie: did you see my PM?

ruthies49

Angel Diva
I really love skiing at Alta since there are no snowboarders. Nice big runs and smaller crowds than at Mt Bachelor!

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
this is starting to sound like a mini Diva West ... hmmmmm
Actually some of us SoCal Divas will be in SLC January 24-31, skiing Alta the 24/25 and Ogden Valley (Snowbasin/PowMow) the 26-31. We don't want to steal the thunder from the REAL Diva West but if anyone wants to join us - our plane tickets are purchased, we will definitely be there. We've just now made the commitment and we can't wait!! Come join us if you can!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Actually some of us SoCal Divas will be in SLC January 24-31, skiing Alta the 24/25 and Ogden Valley (Snowbasin/PowMow) the 26-31. We don't want to steal the thunder from the REAL Diva West but if anyone wants to join us - our plane tickets are purchased, we will definitely be there. We've just now made the commitment and we can't wait!! Come join us if you can!
Good to know! I'll be in SLC during that week too. Staying in the city with friends so we are going to be flexible about where we ski. Definitely want to get to Alta and Snowbasin at some point.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The skiing hasn't changed much at Alta. As much fun as ever for any ability level.

The most noticeable difference compared to 15-20 years ago is that the Collins lift goes all the way to the top, with a bend at mid-station (cannot unload, but can load). Powder hounds longer need to ride two lifts to reach Ballroom or the High T. Also makes for a nice long run down the blue groomers. They added safety bars a few years ago. Still no footrests.

mustski

Angel Diva
We just booked our lodging today! Gardenmary, VickiK +SO, and I will be skiing Alta on Jan 25th and then off to Ogden for Snowbasin the rest of the week with a possible, and as yet undetermined, day at PowMow! Yay!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna