• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So who has new gear for 16/17?

I have a pair of Kastle LX82s that I got for pretty cheap that I plan to use for teaching and perhaps learning trees/bumps. I also picked up a older pair of Auras with bindings for very cheap as in $105 cheap and I plan to use those for end of season rock skis.

Forgot about my boots. Rossignol Pure Elite 120 in 23.5

Congrats to everyone who got new gear, it never gets old.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Sort of new, got a new Smith Vantage helmet during late season sales in March. My daughter needed to replace a 10 year old helmet and there was a BOGO sale at our local ski shop. So not completely new for 2016-17 since I already used the helmet at Alta last April. :wink:

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This will only mean something to a few of you, but I just picked up a pair of NTN boots for a great price:

scarpa-terminator-x-pro-telemark-ski-boots-for-women-in-silver-shark-magenta~p~143xc_01~460.2.jpg

I'm moving away from the duckbill. NTN (for new telemark norm) attaches at the ball of the foot. They are said to ski more upright, with more powder and less effort. They also parallel much better than a regular tele setup, which I am looking for instead of having an AT setup and a tele set up. It is also releasable, step in, and has ski brakes. Huge improvement!

Now I need to get bindings. But that will have to wait because I also just purchased snow tires for my car. Have I doomed our winter here in the EC?

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year was my first season and I started late in a lousy winter. The upside was I made out like a bandit at the end-of-season sales and now I'm well set with some pretty swanky gear:
  • Lange RS110 boots
  • Volkl Kendos
  • Obermeyer jacket
  • Smith Vantage MIPS helmet
  • Oakley XM goggles with a couple of different lenses
  • And a pretty cool ski tuning workbench in my basement to save money on waxing and sharpening.
I thought "Hey, I'm a pretty savvy shopper for a girl on my budget" and then like a fool I fell in love with mountain biking this summer. The price of bikes--gasp! I ended up selling my two whitewater boats to buy a bike. Now I'm equipped for year-round fun! I especially like knowing that when ski season ends I won't be so bereft, since it'll be time for biking.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I have a pair of Kastle LX82s that I got for pretty cheap that I plan to use for teaching and perhaps learning trees/bumps. I also picked up a older pair of Auras with bindings for very cheap as in $105 cheap and I plan to use those for end of season rock skis.
Say what, you got Aura's? Okay think you need to buy my Saffrons or Sambas.... Or Kenjas if SIL doesn't want them.. She wants my older k2 lotta luvs which are in BF's garage.. May turn into a bench.. Really I only want one pair of skis .

Say what, you got Aura's? Okay think you need to buy my Saffrons or Sambas.... Or Kenjas if SIL doesn't want them.. She wants my older k2 lotta luvs which are in BF's garage.. May turn into a bench.. Really I only want one pair of skis .

Got em with z10 bindings for $105. They are in immaculate shape. I figured it was a cheap way to get on some auras. Gonna use em for end of season rock skis so when things get dicey i can put my 90Eights away and keep em pretty, I love my 2016 kenjas. Am good otherwise.

Your saffrons are too light for me and sambas too short but really i am set. Buy your santa anas and then sell everything else. Should be easy enough.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Got em with z10 bindings for $105. They are in immaculate shape. I figured it was a cheap way to get on some auras. Gonna use em for end of season rock skis so when things get dicey i can put my 90Eights away and keep em pretty, I love my 2016 kenjas. Am good otherwise.

Your saffrons are too light for me and sambas too short but really i am set. Buy your santa anas and then sell everything else. Should be easy enough.
Will demo Santa Ana's and maybe atomic vantage 95c and maybe women's version of soul 7. I'm not good at selling things. ... Friends are shocked at what I bring to goodwill...

COchick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not yet, but I need new gloves. I've had some Marmots that I've worn for years and loved but I'm ready for a change. Preferably some that don't make my hands smell funky but that may be a pipe dream. :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nordica Wild Belle skis and Rossignol Axium 100 bindings. Currently at REI to have the bindings mounted! I just moved my boat to the yard where she winters. Time to think about snow! :-)

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
New boots, same as the old boots: Head Vector 110s. New skis, same as the old skis: Head iRally's. I am a creature of habit who knows what she wants.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I'm moving away from the duckbill. NTN (for new telemark norm) attaches at the ball of the foot. They are said to ski more upright, with more powder and less effort. They also parallel much better than a regular tele setup, which I am looking for instead of having an AT setup and a tele set up. It is also releasable, step in, and has ski brakes. Huge improvement!

Now I need to get bindings.

I think i may be in thr market for new tele boots, not sure, i'll feel it out a bit more this season. Of course NTN is a consideration for the reasons you state. As i understand it, they ski stiffer and one is restricted from going deep?

I am interested in feedback after you get on them...

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a shrinkwrapped pair of 2014 Blizzard Viva 8.0s with Attack 13 bindings! My first pair of carvers in years - intended for mellow skiing while I'm still rehabbing the knee, and maybe teaching the following season if I actually do become an instructor. The skis were $199 flat. The bindings weren't much cheaper, but I trust that binding, and I know it's easy to step into.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly