• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So when do you call it a season?

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiing at Timberline doesn't technically end until after July...but I usually call it when it stops being fun - when the snow is either solid ice or sticky slush with only an hour or so of being pleasant in between. Also, the lift tickets for summer are ridiculously expensive. I may do it someday just to say that I've gone skiing in July.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Mammoth just got 14-16" and more is on the way this week. I doubt that they will extend the season past Memorial Day, but you never know. In other years I would be excited to possibly ski on my birthday of June 4.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It’s been snowing all morning in tremblant. Still blizzard conditions right now. The forcast was cloudy all day and stilll not picking up the snow up here. A little challenging as we left our goggles behind in the room

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I'll ski tomorrow for closing day of the main part of Grandvalira, and will call it a season. Yesterday and today were fine in the morning, before the slush got too bad. The Ordino part of Grandvalira stays open one more week (with snow expected this week)...but it's time for me to get back to teaching flying on the weekends vs skiing.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
It’s been snowing all morning in tremblant. Still blizzard conditions right now. The forcast was cloudy all day and stilll not picking up the snow up here. A little challenging as we left our goggles behind in the room
Wow. It was sunny an hour away from Tremblant where I live. But we're going tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. But yikes, no goggles! That would be tough. They're calling for a bunch of snow Tuesday but, sadly, the mountain won't be open.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was actually very quiet and mild at the base village too. But once you got halfway up the snow was blowing hard. Very limited visibility by the top

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Glad you arrived safely at Jay @Peaheartsmama - sorry to miss you at Tremblant.

We had an excellent closing day yesterday. Not overly warm but lots of sun and still good snow. The skiing was followed by our traditional wine-soaked picnic lunch on the north side.

Only one problem: I had pulled something in my glute and/or hamstring x-c skiing a few weeks ago. This seemed on the mend until I slammed into a large (though, luckily, fairly soft) bump yesterday and, despite not falling, managed to re-pull the same muscle. It's likely a good thing the mountain is now closed and these poor aging muscles can have a rest!

Crazy weather today and once again we're in a winter wonderland with a fresh snowfall. Many activities are cancelled as a lot of people had removed their winter tires (March 15 is the date when that can happen - though I would never do mine that early) and don't want to venture out.

Scribble

Angel Diva
I'm planning two more weekends. Alta and Brighton will be done after the 24th. I have a Snowbird weekday pass I've been hoarding all season and I may be able to get in another short afternoon at Solitude next week before they close on the 30th.

TBH, my body is ready for a break. I've reached the point where I've stopped working out in between ski days to try and save my legs! Just stretching. I ski longer days in the spring months and I'm truly exhausted at this point, even if I'm not yet mentally ready for the season to end.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello from Jay! I am sorry to have missed you too! I woke up to a winter wonderland this morning. Kids were feeling lazy after the weekend of skiing at Tremblant so I ventured out alone. I think we got about 7-8 inches overnight. Conditions overall were great! No ice in sight. But I have to admit I’m not used to skiing Ungroommed snow. Where it was packed powder it was a dream. I love that the whole lower mountain is open green runs. Some a bit more challenging than others. All within my comfort zone. But where the fluffy stuff was piled up 8-12 inches it literally felt like I had forgotten how to turn. The snow was heavy wet and grabby. And I really struggled in one fairly flat section. Tomorrow will be amazing I’m sure. Once they have a chance to flatten things out a bit. Our room in the Hotel Jay has floor to ceiling windows. It’s absolutely gorgeous outside. But DH regrets not stopping for groceries on the way up like I told him to. I just paid $7 for a box of graham crackers. :p

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But DH regrets not stopping for groceries on the way up like I told him to. I just paid $7 for a box of graham crackers. :p
There are small countrystore/ markets in Jay and Troy, but for better prices try Sylvester's Market in Montgomery. If DH wants to take a longer ride, there are big chain grocery stores in Newport an Derby.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank
There are small countrystore/ markets in Jay and Troy, but for better prices try Sylvester's Market in Montgomery. If DH wants to take a longer ride, there are big chain grocery stores in Newport an Derby.
Thanks for the tips! We may venture out!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By the way - most of the eateries on the mountain are closed. (A surprise to me) Any local ones that you would consider worth venturing out for? Bonus points for Asian food. :smile:

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
By the way - most of the eateries on the mountain are closed. (A surprise to me) Any local ones that you would consider worth venturing out for? Bonus points for Asian food. :smile:
Dang, I hope you already picked something— that whole area closes up by like 9pm!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Didn’t have to. We made a simple dinner in the room tonight - we have a kitchen. I just figured at some point we will want to grab a meal somewhere else.

Chuyi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm planning two more weekends. Alta and Brighton will be done after the 24th. I have a Snowbird weekday pass I've been hoarding all season and I may be able to get in another short afternoon at Solitude next week before they close on the 30th.

TBH, my body is ready for a break. I've reached the point where I've stopped working out in between ski days to try and save my legs! Just stretching. I ski longer days in the spring months and I'm truly exhausted at this point, even if I'm not yet mentally ready for the season to end.
I'll b at brighton on 23rd+24th if u wanna meet up ⛷️ was also thinking of solitude 4 short afternoon on 30th & May 1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna