• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So when do you call it a season?

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Here for skiing until the bitter end! Today’s tour with @ilovepugs was actually great skiing. Friends skiing Stowe said it was a great day as well. After the tour today drove to Burlington with kids and another family and there was a snow dusting above a certain elevation as we checked out the views on the drive. We saw Bolton and a few other mountain tops had new snow, as did camels hump. which is what we experienced, walked above one level above clouds/fog and it was flurry-ing with some winds.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just arrived at Jay Peak (skiing this week and maybe next weekend) and it is snowing!
I saw all the snow at Jat and wondered if you were up there! Have fun! My crew and I took the cover off my boat and washed and polished her. So, sadly, I’m moving onto the next season. Wish I’d gotten more skiing in but who knew it was going to get cold again! And my lease does run out!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I haven't skied mid-week in weeks since my little part time job is rather full time now! I am in Bethel this weekend, but it rained all day Saturday and I just didn't have it in me to head to the mountain...I stayed in the cozy house and didn't even venture over for the pond skimming. I considered skiing today, but Mr Lisamamot was not up for it, so we just went to the mountain and cleaned out the locker and went to the Passholder BBQ instead.

We still have a couple more weeks until the mountain closes, but I suspect I may be done. There is so much going on this spring!

mustski

Angel Diva
We usually ski up until the end of May and - if it was a good snow year - June. We've skied a few times in July but more as a "we could so we did" type of thing. We'll be there the first week of May and, depending on how it skis and how my hand is feeling, we may go back for one more week after that.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
We are on our way up to Tremblant and Jay peak next weekend into the week after. One last hurrah. Save some snow for us!
If you're going to be at Tremblant, let me know. No promises but depending on the day, maybe could meet up. I plan to be there tomorrow (Monday). Maybe another day this week if weather/conditions look good.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After balmy weather JH closed today. I skied Targhee on Friday and it was a blast once it softened up under the sun. JH employee ski day is tomorrow. First time in my 20 years that instead of the Tram and higher lift, they will offer only the gondola and a mid mountain lift. I guess they are opting for dirt patches versus ungroomed refrozen bumps for our safety as per the message that went out today. Still thinking Friday was my last day. Getting hurt off the clock seems silly. Still, I did shed a tear on my last run of the season. Lowest number of ski days ever.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I will be at Tremblant arriving Friday night through Monday. Maybe would can grab a coffee one morning if you are around? We have only skied a few days this season— partly due to the weather closer to home and partly due to some other commitments - my daughter joined her first basketball team and weekends were filled with games . They were county champions though! And I just got back from my first ever 5k at DisneyWorld . (Yay!) Between training for that (a couch potato without my ski legs yet) , trying to avoid injury and learning that a fall my first day of the season (nephew on snowboard ran into me) caused a small meniscus tear and cartilage damage on both knees I was a little wary of pushing too much this season. But hoping for some nice easy days this week!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You guys have had an amazing spring! If only I didn’t have company this weekend, I would head up as well :( next year!
We did! Unfortunately it meant less ski time. I do think that not having a season pass anywhere (for the first time in a long time!) also made me less inclined to just pack up and go. I just got a couple triple packs to local places and those took so long to get sufficient cover I blinked and the season was over. In the past we would just go even when the mountain wasn’t fully open yet.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Our last day skiing (LDS) in Utah is the last Sunday in April. My brother's birthday bash on top of Preston Peak. We skin up as no lifts are open. It's a workout (about 2 hours for us oldsters). The young ones sherpa up the beer and brats and grill. It's usually coooold and windy and there's usually fresh snow. The ski down is usually the best---we have the whole resort to pick from so we can make our own tracks down.

IMG_1956 (2).jpg

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello from sunny Tremblant! We are having a blast! Coverage in most areas is actually pretty good! Much better than when we came 3 Easters ago. My kids are in love with the crusty rolls and pasta station in the food court and I am enjoying a very tasty and warm bowl of tomato bisque. Also they have poutine. Life doesn’t get better.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Final day at Alta, per usual in the last decade. But this time is a bit weird. It's snowing hard right now, with several inches expected before tomorrow. Midday it felt like spring skiing. Doesn't look that way now. April 17 is closing day for 7-day operations, although there will be a bonus long weekend with limited lifts operating. My airport shuttle is in the morning so won't be skiing. Bill will ski before he starts driving towards NM.

View from Alta Lodge on April 16, 5pm
Wind was blowing the snow onto the window
Alta snow 16Apr2022.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna