• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So when do you call it a season?

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
By the way - most of the eateries on the mountain are closed. (A surprise to me) Any local ones that you would consider worth venturing out for? Bonus points for Asian food. :smile:
We've occasionally gone to the Belfry (on 242 going into Montgomery, closed on Wednesdays) or the Jay Village Inn (in Jay). I haven't really been in the few others around and open this time of year in the immediate area. There are several good restaurants and fast food places in the Newport/Derby area.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you! Had another great morning today. Zero lift lines, packed powder and so many wide green trails to explore. I know folks are unhappy bec the upper mountain lifts aren’t running but it was the best ski day for us all season. Easy cruising and no ice in sight. Lots of untracked fluffy stuff on the edges for DD9 to play in. Hoping for one more good day tomorrow before the rain comes in.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
By the way - most of the eateries on the mountain are closed. (A surprise to me) Any local ones that you would consider worth venturing out for? Bonus points for Asian food. :smile:
Is the ramen place not open? It’s pretty dang good. I like their hot coffee in a can too.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We were SOOO looking forward to the Ramen! Unfortunately they closed for the season last week. Very limited operations now but we are in the middle of a fantastic lunch at the stateside cafeteria. Having the best poutine we have had all trip and some excellent clam chowder. The kids give the pizza a big thumbs up too. Just had a terrific morning cursing the greens - felt like we owned the place - very few other skiers today. Such a treat. Conditions still pretty good. Harder packed now and some brownish patches but still quite a lot of good terrain to enjoy. It’s perfect.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last ski day of the season! (I think!) man the snow melted fast! The main trails are still pretty good but snow disappeared after yesterdays rain and todays sun. Best surface conditions all week so far. Soft from the recent rain. Like cutting through butter and none of the chatter that comes with harder ridges on groomed snow. I took a long slow windy way down in our last run. Gorgeous.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think my last day was yesterday at Killington. The snow was good and the coverage fine, too, but next week I have to go to Florida, and by the time I get back, I'm not sure it'll be decent.

Here are a few pics.

Looking down Super Star:
IMG_4628.jpg

Looking up Super Star:

IMG_4627.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

IMG_4630.jpg

Last edited:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think my last day was yesterday at Killington. The snow was good and the coverage fine, too, but next week I have to go to Florida, and by the time I get back, I'm not sure it'll be decent.

Here are a few pics.

Looking down Super Star:
View attachment 18613

Looking up Super Star:

View attachment 18614

View attachment 18615

View attachment 18616
That looks so fun... you can ski some groomers and hop on the bumps.....
I've been done for awhile. Now Tahoe is getting some snow but Hawaii is calling in a week so guess I'm done.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva

Here are a few pics.

Looking down Super Star:
View attachment 18613

Looking up Super Star:

View attachment 18614

View attachment 18615

View attachment 18616
Aww you look so happy!

I thought Superstar was mostly moguls, based on a friend who loves the bumps. Is it partially groomed ordinarily..? (The entire way down?)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna