• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's up for Labor Day?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's the last (un)official weekend of summer!

So what're you doing?

I'm going shopping for "teacher" clothes with my daughter, who'll be starting a job teaching earth science at a middle school next week. My husband is off to Atlanta to appear at the Decauter Book Festival. Other than that, I'll probably be biking, running errands, and seeing friends.

I'm glad summer is almost over. That means ski season's on it's way! :banana:

I'm in New York City now, arrived around 6 p.m. I'm visiting my parents and other family and doing some shopping with my daughters. We'll head back to Western Mass. on Sunday afternoon, and Monday is my younger daughter's 11th birthday.... Next week it's back to work and back to school!:fear:

Jilly

Staff member
Well I'm off the family cottage for some R and R. I was supposed to get next week off, but one of my employees is going in for surgery on Wednesday, so I'm needed at the office. He won't be back for at least 8 weeks, if at all. Depends on what they find. Other than that it's birthday time, but I stopped counting long time ago. The weather looks great up here so I plan on some boating, sitting around and reading and maybe a little sipping of some wine!

abc

Banned
I love it when the rest of the world think it's end of summer! I get to camp or stay in motels without reservation. Warm, sunny days with no misquitos. My "summer" really only get started and won't end till about Thanksgiving!!! :smile:

Anyway, now the the coastal water is finally bathtub warm, I'm going to kayak the Maine Island Trail (a little tiny peice of it)! Packing and leaving tomorrow!

When my neighbors start to pull their boat out of the storage in the first warm day of March, that's when I really start skiing hard. That way, the snow has a chance to accumulate and cover up those pesky rocks!!! ;)

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We're headed to our condo in Summit County for some mtn biking at Keystone and hiking at Copper.

Lots of sales this weekend, Christy sports has their big tent sale and other shops are heavily discounting clothing and ski equipment. Also, free concerts in Dillon and Frisco.

Kathi

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am back in DC for a friends wedding. Back in Utah Sunday night, and hopefully, can get a bike ride in on Monday

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My son and his girlfriend are suppose to close on their house later today.So the weekend may consist of ripping up disgusting carpeting and cleaning things up! Oh and I am running the New Haven 20k on Monday morning!

T

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The National Fly-in is being held in Ellenville ,NY. Hang glider and paraglider pilots will be attending from all over the country. I'll be registering pilots today and selling t- shirts. If the wind god is good to us, there will be loads of wings in the air then a live band to close out the evening. And then it will happen again for the next 3 days. Wahoo!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Heading up to Flaming Gorge (on the Green River in UT/WY) with my husband, parents, and the dogs. With two weeks of school behind me, I'm looking forward to some serious sunbathing, swimming, napping, and beer drinking.

:beer:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
297392-largest_Seneca_SpuceKnob__3_.jpg

i'll be there

climbing, camping, drinking beer around a fire

life=good :banana:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My son and his girlfriend are suppose to close on their house later today.So the weekend may consist of ripping up disgusting carpeting and cleaning things up! Oh and I am running the New Haven 20k on Monday morning!

T
Are you ready for the 20K? What am I thinking, of course you are!
The National Fly-in is being held in Ellenville ,NY. Hang glider and paraglider pilots will be attending from all over the country. I'll be registering pilots today and selling t- shirts. If the wind god is good to us, there will be loads of wings in the air then a live band to close out the evening. And then it will happen again for the next 3 days. Wahoo!

How's the turn out? I'm betting things are awesome for this event!
Sounds awesome......take lots of pics!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Family Traditions!!!!

Labor Day Weekend, (known here as Harvest Festival Weekend) has been huge in the town where I grew up. Its the weekend when all family comes home to visit, the school has their annual alumni banquet, and my family has always played a part in the parade, and other festivities.

My dad has an old truck, which he "does up" as a parade entry every year. Each year he picks some theme and plays it up, somewhat like the Beverly Hillbillies. I can't tell you how much fun we have had with that old truck.
Some of his themes have been:
Summer olympics
Tur de Farce
Salute to the small town grocer
Salute to the volunteer fireman
Tribute to Farming heritage
Gone on vacation, (which had a ton of stuff like an old fishing boat with a hole in it and other goofy stuff)

The local news paper had a write up about it in today's paper.

This is my special dress for the occasion!
n861820018_355238_3704.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Love the dress! The article's great, too. Be sure to post some pix from this year's parade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly