• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So now that you're not skiing......

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Hay. Today I am unloading the first of several loads of hay. I happen to love the gym and am happy as a clam spending an hour in the weight room doing lifts and lunges and squats of all sorts. But, it is nice to get the weight training done in a functional way and skip the gym altogether!

Xinga

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me it's been learning to wake surf this summer. What a blast! At about 10 mph behind the boat, it's Soooo much better than the 40 mph face-plosion slalom ski wipe-outs that I usually had.
Wanted to bike a lot this summer, but haven't hardly done any biking. I blame the weather -- it was really wet up until recently, and I am apparently too lazy and unmotivated to ride in the wet, at least that's my excuse so far...
Surf Colorado.... who'd have thunk it?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wanted to bike a lot this summer, but haven't hardly done any biking. I blame the weather -- it was really wet up until recently, and I am apparently too lazy and unmotivated to ride in the wet, at least that's my excuse so far...

I was going to go to WP to do some mellow lift-served today, but I apparently didn't wake up till almost 9 ... oops ... by the time I was awake enough to make a decision, it was really too late.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was going to go to WP to do some mellow lift-served today, but I apparently didn't wake up till almost 9 ... oops ... by the time I was awake enough to make a decision, it was really too late.

I have been sleeping so late ... I'm not very motivated to get up and out these days. I guess I need a little rest from the long ski season. But it does kind of screw up activities, since we get the pm thunderstorms every day. Sleep is so nice, though....

Xinga

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh.
The property management at our condo in Breck just called to tell us our water heater blew up and flooded our unit and some of the ones next door.
I guess we get to go to Breck to clean up this weekend.
They said the top blew off the heater and dumped everything, no small leak.
We have a sensor that emails when it detects water, but we didn't see the email until after they called. It first started sending at 3:30am, property management said they shut it off at 5am.
I don't think we could have got anyone to shut it off any sooner anyway.
First world problems...

mustski

Angel Diva
@bounceswoosh Aargh! I hate water issues. It does not make for a relaxing weekend!

Sigh! I have just finished school and have zero motivation to work out, but i need to. Once i take the first step my OCD self will kick in.

Mainly i will enjoy artistic pursuits this summer. Next week, I will start sculpting clay models for crown masks for The Lion King. I have to make 45 plaster castings this summer. Fortunately DH loves to play in clay so it's something we can do together.

This past season was my first winter to really go balls to the wall and ski every weekend I did it a little the prior season but this past winter was much to the point that if DH couldn't go or was tired I went myself. I am in lazy season right now. I work my a$$ off during the week including pilates/yoga, etc so weekends are at the moment filled with farmers markets on saturday and mimosaing/hammock time on sunday. My saying right now is during the winter I ski and during the summer I mimosa. Yes I have turned drinking mimosas into a verb.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh.
The property management at our condo in Breck just called to tell us our water heater blew up and flooded our unit and some of the ones next door.
I guess we get to go to Breck to clean up this weekend.

Ugh! I hope it didn't mess up anything important.

@bounceswoosh Aargh! I hate water issues. It does not make for a relaxing weekend!

@mustski , that was @Xinga , not me. If the water heater blew up in my condo, I wouldn't even know! Hm.

My saying right now is during the winter I ski and during the summer I mimosa. Yes I have turned drinking mimosas into a verb.

In that case, I margarita in the summer. I am margaritaing right now.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
We floated down the Rhone today on inflatable boats. About 20 of us turned up and we had 9 boats altogether, plus 3 inflatable bars that we tied to the boats. We floated in style ))
Now I am jealous… I love Europe!

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
To update you all, I did end up going to a "Gentle Yoga" class last week after all these discussions. I'm happy that I was convinced to go. It was a good "first step" into trying to get into yoga again.

After playing some street hockey yesterday, my body feels totally mangled and stiff. I hope to make use of my dusty old gym membership this week to get into the pool.

This weekend, I'm going to go on a short backpacking trip in the Catskills. My first in a couple years.

Glad you enjoyed your yoga class, sounds like it was a good one and a good reintroduction back into it.

I interrupted my sunday mimosaing to go to the gym at DH's request. I get more working out during the week than he does so I figured I'd support him and go. I was resigned to another hour on the dreaded treadmill when I saw folks walking in carrying yoga mats. I went yoga class, oooh, let me check. Sure enough there was one starting in 15 minutes. Wooh hooh. Different instructor and it was an excellent class, I even broke a sweat again.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
To be pedantic for a moment: Zen Buddhism is a Japanese religion. It has nothing to do with yoga, which comes from India, which has completely different religious traditions.

There are many schools of Bhuddism. Zen is a Chinese/Japanese branch of a larger tradition. There are many different "lineages" that exist of Bhuddism. My sister is a Bhuddist nun in one of the Tibetan lineages. Deep meditative yoga practice is very much part of her life and work as a yoga teacher.

Within certain schools, there is a lot of controversy over the teaching of yoga as only a physical thing by leaving the mental/spiritual parts out of it.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I've been biking tons. We basically had no ski season and both DH and I have been mountain biking steadily since the end of Jan. It's been great knee rehab for him. This makes us both incredibly strong for this biking season. We've had some great weekend adventures, hitting some of the bigger longer rides.

Now... it's heating up rapidly and I'm wonder if biking is coming to a screeching halt with the borderline triple digits temps that have settled on us.

I need to try and bike more. I think the first step will be buying a helmet so I feel safe going outside of my neighborhood.

In the meantime why not make plans for the upcoming ski season. I just talked to my coworker who is headed to a family friends home near Sunday River in Maine this weekend. She said it is about 5 hours from us and a super easy drive. I am excited to head there this winter. I will be committed to 8 weeks of ski classes in January/February but looking forward to heading up there either before or after my block of lessons. Want to try to get there after thanksgiving but let's see if we wind up in New Hampshire or not. When I told DH that SR was only a couple hours away from there that got him thinking....

I realized that I hadn't signed up for activity/website/conditions reports for many of my favorite mountains. For a very long time I continued to subscribe to Mammoth, Mountain High and Snow Summit reports from California. Guess I didn't want to let it go huh. I have now signed up for reports from Sunday River, Loon, Bromley, Tremblant and Gore. I was already subscribed to Butternut, Washusset, Killington and Snow Summit. I live here now, time to embrace the resorts that are around me.

Ok now back to summer time and fun things to do this time of year. I love the floating bar idea, I think we need to see pictures.

Christy

Angel Diva
Here it's been an early hiking season in the mountains, so we've been hiking, but we also just spent 4 days at what might be my favorite place on earth, Orcas Island.* I'm pretty obsessed with our local orca whales and was thrilled to get to see the 104 year old matriarch named Granny. We did a great 9 mile kayak trip around a marine state park, too; I don't know why I don't kayak more. As always I've been spending the days since I got back looking at Orcas Island real estate. Rob is out on a coworker's boat right now and he is emailing me photos and telling how a boat like the one he's on would be perfect if we wanted to cruise the San Juan Islands.

We rent the same cabin every time and if we did nothing else but look at the view, it would be a good trip. I emailed the owner today and told her if she was ever interested in selling to please let me know.

11233525_10206984569878891_7811319560925196175_o.jpg

11709728_10206984630680411_1128180177750549583_o.jpg

11696324_10206963505472294_5751687688690731650_o.jpg

11312790_10206963509272389_7659272845698888979_o.jpg

11174610_10206970583449239_1602197901967670431_o.jpg

Sigh.

*I always look for Warren Miller when I'm there because he lives there, except in winter, but I have never seen him.

Attachments

• 19153608079_b630b6bf3c_k.jpg
    19153608079_b630b6bf3c_k.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna