• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowmass and Mammoth

Candebsna

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a blue skier who has only skied Mammoth off and on the past ten years. I ski with my husband (expert), my two teen boys (13&14) who are now better than me and ski black diamond, and my 6 year old boy who skis with my husband.
Anything to expect, moving from CA mammoth to CO? I don't do well with ice and am skiing on 20 year old, skinny Dynastars. Wondering if I should upgrade before our trip. I'd love to know what to expect and to keep up with my boys!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just saw your post. Mammoth is my "home" mountain, and I got back from a Snowmass trip with my ski club a couple of weeks ago.

Snowmass is awesome. It's a huge mountain and has lots of blues, too many for me to try all over the span of a 5 day trip. They seem to rotate what's groomed, so you'll find freshly groomed runs (and there are whiteboards at the bottom of the chairs that tip you off) and runs that were groomed within the last 2-3 days.

I would upgrade skis, or maybe boots first, then later skis. I think you'll enjoy the new ones. Welcome to the ski diva forum!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi From me too! Sorry your thread got lost.. Plenty of Big Blue Cruisers in CO. I love Copper, Keystone and Snowmass especially.
Skis definitely u[grade. 20yr old skis you'll be amazed how easy new skis are! Suggest you demo demo demo.. spring time is great time to get good deals too. Often this year (and last yr's) Skis are the same they only change the top sheet.

Definitely boots first.. (our mantra- marry your boots, date your skis)
Hope your move goes well and not to worry you'll have TONS Of great skiing!!

mustski

Angel Diva
Somehow, I missed this also! As much as I love Mammoth- nothing touches those long cruising blues at Snowmass. New boots first- use a good fitter, and then get yourself a midfat ski with a waist between 80-90. No worries about ice as there will be less ice than Mammoth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly