• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow situation check-in

Christy

Angel Diva
What's the snow like where you ski? Who is doing good in terms of snowpack and conditions? (Anyone?).

Here in the Cascades it's really slowed down. We went from well above to below average snowpack. Winter isn't over, so there's hope, but it really needs to pick up.

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am super disappointed in the snow conditions in Oregon too. It's so sad to see. I'm genuinely worried about future seasons. And I've missed most of the good powder days this season for reasons outside my control :( I may have jinxed myself by buying real powder skis!

Cyclone6

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's what I'm seeing for Timberline in the forecast. Wish I could go skiing tomorrow, but my puppysitter bailed on me and he's too young for doggie daycare.
1646787529217.png
That 39 degree day will ruin the Tuesday/Wednesday snowfall. Saturday is snow/rain mix. Sunday might be okay, but I think it will be more of a dust on crust situation. More snow/rain mix on Monday. Blah. Hopefully the snow on Tuesday continues on into the rest of the week.

Christy

Angel Diva
Christy, aren't they predicting more this weekend for Cascades?

There is some in the forecast this week and next. No huge storms, but it will be good to have something. I did hear that we'd need something like 200% of normal this month to get us up to average snowpack.

@geargrrl how are things over there?

brooksnow

Angel Diva
We had spring skiing then rain this week in Maine, followed by the usual freeze and wind holds. So fun. Groomers are out in force tonight.

Snow predicted for the weekend.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jackson Hole is getting a refill right now, but it is hands down the most dismal snow season in my 2 decades here.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
There is some in the forecast this week and next. No huge storms, but it will be good to have something. I did hear that we'd need something like 200% of normal this month to get us up to average snowpack.

@geargrrl how are things over there?

Holding after the last little bit of snow....until it rains and warms up again at elevation.

newboots

Angel Diva
Snowing in New York and Vermont today. I've been too sleepy and sick to concentrate, but I got the impression we are getting a lot of snow this weekend in the Northeast.

newbieM

Angel Diva
I went to Salt Lake this weekend and they had some snow but not as much as promised. In the last 24 hours Alta got 22 INCHES!! It is killing me that I missed that huge dump of snow.

Up until now there has been a lot of bare patches, it has been a really slow snow year.

But I am in CA and it has been very slow here too.

We got snow today, about 3" of kinda wet stuff, but it was warm and rainy a few days ago and my local mountain got soaked. I won't be going back this season, heading for Eagle County soon. Really a pretty blah to crap year in many areas of the country. Climate change is real.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am packing now for our drive out to Tremblant and Jay Peak next weekend into the week after! I know it super late into the season and I know we have a nice village and waterpark to fall back on but I’m hopeful they will still have some decent green runs by then! Sounds like they’ve gotten some inches recently but the coming week has some rain on the forecast. Fingers crossed!

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Screenshot_20220411-000030_Weawow.jpgWaiting for this storm to start here in Aspen. This is the temp in town, of course. Up in the mountains, will be a lot cooler needless to say.
It has been good skiing except near the bottom in the afternoon.
This was my 133th day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna