• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow Downunder

Jilly

Staff member
SkiPresse is reporting its the best year in 17 years. Up to 7 ft of snow in some resorts in southern Oz. To our downunder Diva's do some turns for us in summer mode and send some pics!!

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've just been to our 'local' resort, Mt Hotham for the weekend.

That report, like most snow reports is rather overstated. Some have reported the best start to the season in so many years, but that doesn't mean a lot. Mt Hotham has about 4' of base, which is enough to mean good skiing on most of the mountain. There was a little dusting on Friday, about 2 inches of fresh snow on top of a firm packed base. The weather was delightful, and we had a wonderful time.

The next weekend we go up I will take some photos to share.

:D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oooooo, pictures...........looking forward to it!
I love snow!:D

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Still waiting for the pictures..

It's about to bucket snow again, so another trip this weekend might be on the cards. :D

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some have reported the best start to the season in so many years, but that doesn't mean a lot. Mt Hotham has about 4' of base, which is enough to mean good skiing on most of the mountain.:D

Shell, given where I ski in New England, 4 FEET of natural snow in whatever condition would be great anytime of the winter. Send pics!

OzSki

Certified Ski Diva
Well after a busy week at work I've got 3 days off. Didn;t go play today as there are gale forced winds and report from friends in the resort was hang out for tomorrow, so thats my plan. They are forcasting about a foot of snow tonight :-) and down low so I may ba able to wake up and ski down my back yard. Still forcast to be windy but everyone is hoping it'll be worth it. Will keep you all posted. Official snow dept at my home mountain Perisher Blue, is just over 4ft. Thats a big improvement on last years worst season on record with average dept of just over 2ft. I'll try and put up some pics when I learn how

Shellski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Big cold snap in Victoria at the moment, it's brought quite a lot of snow to the mountains, and to lots of areas around Melbourne (the city where I live).

18kangaroo_wideweb__470x350,2.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna