• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Smith Photochromic lenses- any opinions?

MissySki

Angel Diva
@MissySki I used the storm yellow flash lenses yesterday to ski down around 700AM, with minimal daylight. I believe it was comparable to low/flat light storm conditions, and I was very happy with them. I have been skiing down in the mornings in either clear glasses or with no goggles, and it was reassuring to have the eye protection of goggles at speed, and also be able to see contours of the snow and terrain.

After many years with the same Ignitor Mirror lenses, I'm so glad my goggles broke last year and I finally got a new pair with all the fancy new Smith lenses- they really perform.

Glad to hear they are working well for you!! I think I’m pretty set on getting them as well, but not sure if I’ll pull the trigger this season or push it to next. Originally I thought I’d just get a lens for my current pair, but they are quite old so I’m wanting to upgrade to one of the magnetic versions. Doesn’t seem worth it to do a lens for $95 rather than just doing a whole new goggle at this point. I might feel differently the next time I’m out in flat light though, which is often! Lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna